: Service Tire Monitor System.. Just turned on

PeteKT
05-25-12, 12:35 PM
I was driving to work its 85 degrees out and all the sudden my Dash tells me "Service tire monitor system" so i check the tire pressures thinking maybe one ios down and the left rear tire is showing --.

Anyone know what can cause this the tires are all fine i even manually checked the pressure.

nathanjax
05-25-12, 12:44 PM
tpms sensor went bad or stopped communicating with the system.

PeteKT
05-25-12, 12:53 PM
guess the truck is going in for more warranty work.

hcvone
05-25-12, 01:12 PM
Some times the batteries go, they only last usually 4-6 years, and some times they just get confused

PeteKT
05-25-12, 01:15 PM
well it is a 2008 is this covered under warranty if im 31K miles?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-25-12, 07:38 PM
Hello PeteKT,

It looks as though you're well within the Bumper to Bumper warranty by mileage; we can check with the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN to see if you're still within the mileage by date (4 years from the in-service date of the vehicle). Generally speaking, the Bumper to Bumper warranty covers against defects in materials or workmanship for most vehicle components (maintenance items excluded), but a dealership diagnosis helps us to determine if a vehicle concern was caused by an environmental factor, etc.

Again, we can check into the expiration date of your Bumper to Bumper warranty if you were to send us the last 8 of your VIN.

Best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

Eric Hagan
05-25-12, 11:25 PM
I would try and relearn the sensors per your owners manual and see if that corrects the problem. You pick relearn from the dic and go to each tire and let pressure out until the truck honks at you and then move on to the next tire and repeat. You start at the left front then rf, rr, lr and then It honks twice I think. Try this before you take it some where.
Once set, adjust the tire pressures and your golden. I hope.