: 2008 STS rear end noise

richreeve
05-25-12, 11:40 AM
I have a 2008 STS with 67000 miles on it. Within the past month or so (after the 60000 mile service) I began to experience a humming/whining noise from the rear end that is increases as speed increases. I called the dealer and he says there are no known issues. Prior to having the 60,000 mile service done (which included changing the rear end differential fluid) I did not hear this noise. Will this repair be covered under warranty?

1BadCadSTS
05-25-12, 11:50 AM
Maybe they didn't add the posi quiet assuming you have a sport model with posi.

richreeve
05-25-12, 12:19 PM
It's not a sport model. It's just curious to me that I never heard any noise from the rear end until they changed the differential fluid.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-25-12, 07:23 PM
richreeve,
I understand that you contacted your dealership over the phone; have they had the chance to look at it in person? If you decide that you would like for them to take a look, please be sure to let us know as we'd like to be available to assist in whatever way we can.
Best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

catalina08
06-10-12, 10:51 PM
I have a similar noise from back end but when I decrease in the speed ... What the heck is it ??

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-12, 04:48 PM
I have a similar noise from back end but when I decrease in the speed ... What the heck is it ??

Hi catalina08,

As Sarah alluded to, getting your Cadillac to a dealership for a thorough diagnosis is a great initial step. Is that an option you're considering? Feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I'd be happy to explore your options further for you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service