: 07 Bose Subwoofer

TheStripe
05-24-12, 07:22 PM
I bought a used 07 ESV a few weeks back. The guy took the subwoofer out so the stereo shop tells me. They want too much to get a new one in there so i decided to get one and do it myself. I have the sub but where is it located? on the left rear near the jack? under the cupholder? Wanted to ask the experts before I start taking apart the wrong area..

Thanks!
Rob

anhandrew
05-24-12, 07:57 PM
The sub in under the console towards the front. You will hane to re,ove the front two seats and the middle console to get to it.

Rolex
05-25-12, 05:37 PM
Why anyone would want a stock bose sub is beyond me. :hmm:

Mha
05-28-12, 10:51 AM
Is the sub in the ext located on the dash? Or whats the speaker looking grille on my exts dash?

K9Caddy
05-28-12, 02:04 PM
No, that's the "center channel" for the 5.1 surround sound mode.

TheStripe
06-01-12, 03:46 PM
Just FYI - It is under the cupholder. The drivers side kick panel and the center console has to come out. you can leave the seats in if you have a 90degree phillips screwdriver for the screws between the seat and console. The factory sub is great. What a difference.
all in all about 2-3 hours work if you've never done it before...

vighj
06-07-12, 12:20 AM
The ones that didnt come with the sub, Are they already wired for one? Plug N Play so to speak?

Rich909
06-10-12, 08:20 PM
Hey Rob,

If you still need one I have one I took out with less than 100 miles on the odometer.

Just taking space in the garage. I will make you a smoking deal.

TheWizz
11-27-12, 04:26 PM
Hello - new to the forum as we just bought an 09 Escalade Hybrid for the Mrs. The only complaint is no deep base, which I was expecting with the Bose system. It has the Nav and Bose Sound & DVD package, but there doesn't seem to be any base sound. I had it in the shop for something else and asked the Service Rep. to check-out the base (we had a loaner 13 Escalade that you could hear the base) and the Service Rep. told me the 09's didn't come with a subwoofer. Is that accurate? If that is incorrect and it should have one, where is it? Thanks in advance...

K9Caddy
11-27-12, 04:49 PM
That's BS. The sound system is the same, they all have the Bose sound system w/ sub. As stated in this thread, its under the center console.