: Odd TPMS Issue

LV_V
05-23-12, 10:50 PM
I just put new wheels on last night with GM Corvette TPMS sensors. They were reading fine last night and early this morning, but mid-morning a message popped up saying Service TPMS and it hasn't gone away since (and all tire pressures are showing --).

Is there something I'm missing here? Is there a reset or relearn process like the V1? I just find it extremely odd that it worked for the first several drives and then nothing.

baabootoo
05-24-12, 12:51 AM
Yes, you have to reset them for different wheels. Mine lasted almost a week until i went on the highway. Yes, there is a reset procedure also in the manual. Unless you have the wrong ones of course.

LV_V
05-24-12, 02:37 AM
Yes, you have to reset them for different wheels. Mine lasted almost a week until i went on the highway. Yes, there is a reset procedure also in the manual. Unless you have the wrong ones of course.

The seller sells a TON of TPMS modules and guaranteed they would work with the V, but you know how that goes! Thanks for the tip. I guess it's time to bust out the trusty manual.

----------

Yup, that worked. A simple TPMS relearn did the trick. Whew!

And for the record, the non-bolt-on TPMS sensors work perfectly with our V's, are all black (perfect for those going with black wheels), and are cheaper. Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-GM-TPMS-SENSORS-20923680-13586335-BRAND-NEW-FREE-FEDEX-OVERNIGHT-/120919218352?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2758d8b0&vxp=mtr#ht_1563wt_689