: Emblem/Crest removal on upper grill

JOEYCTS-V
05-23-12, 06:33 PM
For those of you who painted your grills, how did you remove the front emblem? Is it self explanatory once I get the grill off? I've heard some people say it's glued but from the little space I can see through it looks like it's riveted.

Rich Browne
05-23-12, 07:08 PM
For those of you who painted your grills, how did you remove the front emblem? Is it self explanatory once I get the grill off? I've heard some people say it's glued but from the little space I can see through it looks like it's riveted.

You are seeing the locating posts. The emblems are taped in place. Remove using fishing line and adhesive release. It's an easy 3 minute job. No need to remove the grill to remove the emblems. Hope that helped

Captain McFunk
05-24-12, 11:30 AM
no need to remove, just mask off and spray around it.

S_al_h
05-24-12, 01:21 PM
between the grill and the emblem is a thin piece of 3m double face tape.. i took mine off to paint the grill matte black...

JOEYCTS-V
05-24-12, 06:00 PM
Thanks guys. I messed up the center emblem a little with a screwdriver but I don't think it will be seen once I put it back on. If so, where's the cheapest place for these replacement parts? I saw some on ebay for $65. Sounds crazy to me.

Fireverm
05-24-12, 07:46 PM
$65 is very cheap for the front crest and wreath.