: Platinum conversion

lee88
05-23-12, 06:20 PM
Just got my 08 back from the shop with its new platinum front end! A few minor mistakes required a second trip to the bodyshop but now all is well. The only thing missing is the chrome strip above grill on hood. It's been ordered and should be here any day. But even without it, I think it looks great. What do y'all think!?

lee88
05-23-12, 06:50 PM
Here's a pic of me parked next to a "real" platinum lol

EnvoyBu
05-23-12, 07:30 PM
I like your truck better. I personally find the Platinum's headlights to be hideous. Great job man!

BlownEscalade
05-23-12, 09:39 PM
Looks good. I too agree with the headlight hideous. I like just a nice clean look. I hate to say it but the Platinum headlights look like bug eyes.

MrHolland
05-23-12, 10:13 PM
Like a spider!!! But, I love mine!!

EnvoyBu
05-23-12, 10:32 PM
The Platinum's headlights to me:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/04/bugeye.jpg

felixgun
05-23-12, 10:43 PM
Holy crap man that looks good... I don't know if I would've been able to spot the chrome trim on the hood being "off" if you hadn't said anything... what did the body shop charge you for parts/labor?

bstiffmanofsteel
05-23-12, 10:58 PM
Looks good!

lee88
05-23-12, 11:29 PM
Thanks guys-
The body shop I used charged a total of 3300 for all parts and labor. I think this was a fairly good price because the top and bottom grill alone cost around 1000 here in west Tx. Also I had a pretty nasty scratch on the right fender and they repaired/painted that as well.
It really makes the truck stand out IMO- I've already received many compliments!

LOL on the spider pic! Honestly I'd never noticed the headlights on the platinum until now!

I hear caddy isn't releasing the new escalade until 2014, this makes me happy as I will be able to enjoy my 08 another year or two without feeling the urge to upgrade!

quattrotman
05-24-12, 12:39 AM
Looks really good man...agrre with someof the others...this looks best with the HID headlights. I'd love to do this but can't justify the cost. I'm really surprised the aftermarket hasn't come up with a grill to mimick this. I've had lots of cars where factory 'upgrades' are available through the aftermarket. My Old Audi A4 had a full RS4 front end and was all aftermarket - less thana aquarter of the cost.

hcvone
05-24-12, 07:32 AM
I would rather the platinum headlights because the the color but without the ugly double grill, although the lower section did make a great place to put the intercooler for the supercharger, but would also light the distance the HID's give, I like the standard front end looks wise better than the platinum personally.

K9Caddy
05-24-12, 07:40 AM
To each their own, I guess. I'm with Carl, I personally like the standard front end better. To add a little bit of personality from the others, the chrome tow hooks add a nice subtle difference.

hcvone
05-24-12, 09:41 AM
To each their own, I guess. I'm with Carl, I personally like the standard front end better. To add a little bit of personality from the others, the chrome tow hooks add a nice subtle difference.
Yea I miss my chrome tow hooks, or tow hooks in general, but if it's like last year the snow was never more than 2 feet deep, I may just leave the 07' in NY for snow, but that's a few months away. ;)

callihan
05-24-12, 02:16 PM
Nice Front end upgrade!

Platinum head lights are the real deal - look way better than the old school head lights.

murphy
05-24-12, 09:29 PM
Nice Front end upgrade!

Platinum head lights are the real deal - look way better than the old school head lights.

Yuppers...I'm in !!
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v43/p616104637-6.jpg
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v35/p772894972-6.jpg

felixgun
05-24-12, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys-
The body shop I used charged a total of 3300 for all parts and labor. I think this was a fairly good price because the top and bottom grill alone cost around 1000 here in west Tx. Also I had a pretty nasty scratch on the right fender and they repaired/painted that as well.
It really makes the truck stand out IMO- I've already received many compliments!

LOL on the spider pic! Honestly I'd never noticed the headlights on the platinum until now!

I hear caddy isn't releasing the new escalade until 2014, this makes me happy as I will be able to enjoy my 08 another year or two without feeling the urge to upgrade!

Wow that isn't too bad actually.. so how did you go about asking them to do this? I'm wondering if any body shops where I'm at would under-go all of this for me...

lee88
05-25-12, 02:49 AM
I just told them I wanted a platinum front end on it. Just make sure and give them a vin number for a platinum escalade so they can use it to order parts. I used one of the ones posted here previously, here's the link-

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/243909-2007-front-clip-platinum-edition-2.html

Also be sure they order the fender liners and chrome strip on hood as well. The liners are what caused my truck to be in shop longer cause the shop didn't realize they would need new ones so we had to wait a few days for them to get here. I think any body shop will do this job, it seems easy to do-

hcvone
05-25-12, 06:08 AM
Yuppers...I'm in !!
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v43/p616104637-6.jpg
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v35/p772894972-6.jpg

Seriously are these pics file footage? I hear how bad the roads are but yet your truck never has dust on it let alone dirt, is it ever allowed to leave the garage? Only seen garage and driveway pics. :hmm:

BlownEscalade
05-25-12, 11:31 AM
I love Murphy's Esc. Clean all around. Don't know why you're selling it though.

hcvone
05-25-12, 02:30 PM
I love Murphy's Esc. Clean all around. Don't know why you're selling it though.

He's not selling, no one could afford it. :tisk:

murphy
05-25-12, 02:51 PM
Well let's just say now that Mr. Platinum is all complete I have my sights on a new project...can't stand still.. :)
This does not necessarily mean the sale of this beauty..

Ludacrisvp
05-25-12, 03:46 PM
If I was to get an escalade ever of this body style it would have to have the 7 projector lens platinum headlights.
I think they look worlds better and gives the truck a more sophisticated luxury look compared to the base model lights.

hcvone
05-25-12, 05:17 PM
Well let's just say now that Mr. Platinum is all complete I have my sights on a new project...can't stand still.. :)
This does not necessarily mean the sale of this beauty..

Twin turbo 427, way ahead of you. ;)

murphy
05-25-12, 08:38 PM
Twin turbo 427, way ahead of you. ;)
I've noticed that..must play with the ZR1 and drive like you're on ice...but no that's not in the plan ..well not turbo's anyways..I'd go blower if I did..Magnacharger is coming out with one that will fit under stock hood,,

hcvone
05-26-12, 05:53 AM
I've noticed that..must play with the ZR1 and drive like you're on ice...but no that's not in the plan ..well not turbo's anyways..I'd go blower if I did..Magnacharger is coming out with one that will fit under stock hood,,

Edlebrook fits under the hood and looks stock, pics soon

murphy
05-26-12, 10:13 AM
Edlebrook fits under the hood and looks stock, pics soon
Yup know that..just can't decide between posi or centri

hcvone
05-26-12, 11:01 AM
Yup know that..just can't decide between posi or centri

Since your truck never leaves the garage why not twin turbo with a supercharger, now that would be the ticket. ;)

murphy
05-26-12, 01:07 PM
I speak of the Z06..

Nice Ride
05-26-12, 07:33 PM
Looks like 6000k hids ?

BlownEscalade
05-27-12, 01:29 PM
Hey Murphy, where'd you get your fog light bulbs? Did you get them here locally or the net. Btw I can't stop looking at your kijiji ad. Makes me wish I waited to buy mine.

murphy
05-27-12, 01:48 PM
Hey Murphy, where'd you get your fog light bulbs? Did you get them here locally or the net. Btw I can't stop looking at your kijiji ad. Makes me wish I waited to buy mine.

Hi D,
Got these from SharpHID...pm me I think I got an extra set..(but you won't need them when you buy Mr. P :) )

hcvone
05-28-12, 07:04 AM
I speak of the Z06..

We did 3 C6 Z06's in the last few weeks with Edlebrook superchargers, two were stock with long tube headers and made over 620 at the wheels, one (mine) with heads, cam, intake and long tubes made 714 at the wheels. :)

murphy
05-28-12, 09:41 AM
We did 3 C6 Z06's in the last few weeks with Edlebrook superchargers, two were stock with long tube headers and made over 620 at the wheels, one (mine) with heads, cam, intake and long tubes made 714 at the wheels. :)
Those are great numbers..which heads/cam did you use and how do you hook that beast up ? Bet it kicks the Zr1 big time..I'm not crazy about the shroud cover appearance..but if you can get me a deal...:)

hcvone
05-28-12, 06:52 PM
Those are great numbers..which heads/cam did you use and how do you hook that beast up ? Bet it kicks the Zr1 big time..I'm not crazy about the shroud cover appearance..but if you can get me a deal...:)

It's funny you say that about their shroud, it's cast aluninum and looks better in person, we are having the one on the Edlebrook Escalade (my 2012 platinum until they pay for it) custom made to say Escalade E-Force Supercharger, will look factory. Hook up? What's that? It hooks pretty good in the summer on the right surface, but you better be pointed straight when you press the stupid pedal because things happen fast. I will get you head and cam info when I get in the shop later in the week. Don't forget the ZR has the 800 Attack Pak stage 4 from Katech, that also has a traction issue thru the gears, planning on sending the 2013 CTSV to them too :eek: I learned it from you Dad. ;)

murphy
05-28-12, 08:25 PM
It's funny you say that about their shroud, it's cast aluninum and looks better in person, we are having the one on the Edlebrook Escalade (my 2012 platinum until they pay for it) custom made to say Escalade E-Force Supercharger, will look factory. Hook up? What's that? It hooks pretty good in the summer on the right surface, but you better be pointed straight when you press the stupid pedal because things happen fast. I will get you head and cam info when I get in the shop later in the week. Don't forget the ZR has the 800 Attack Pak stage 4 from Katech, that also has a traction issue thru the gears, planning on sending the 2013 CTSV to them too :eek: I learned it from you Dad. ;)

SOORY TO OP FOR THE BIG HIJACK :(

I didn't know you had the Jason touch on the ZR..should be closer but I'd bet the Z06 is still faster. The shop I'm dealing with recommends the Lingenfelter Gt19 cam as the blower cam for me..I looked into MAST heads and WCC...but then I go out and drive it with the Halltech intake and tune from Jim and wonder why I would need more :)

hcvone
05-29-12, 06:48 AM
SOORY TO OP FOR THE BIG HIJACK :(

I didn't know you had the Jason touch on the ZR..should be closer but I'd bet the Z06 is still faster. The shop I'm dealing with recommends the Lingenfelter Gt19 cam as the blower cam for me..I looked into MAST heads and WCC...but then I go out and drive it with the Halltech intake and tune from Jim and wonder why I would need more :)

Mr M , you know what they say, some is good, MORE IS BETTER. I don't know the specs for that cam but seen it used in many cars on the CF. Have had many air intake from Jim thru the years, I think he is living in WI these days, I have to go up there and see an old friend that is not doing well, his air intakes always worked good for me.

suband1
06-22-12, 08:42 AM
I'm trying to buy a 07- up , black ESV with the Platinum Escalade front end mods and everthing already done, if anybody is selling one let me know, text or call me at 225-288-8808 ready to buy.

suband1
06-22-12, 08:52 AM
Hey Guys, tryin to Buy a 07-up Black ESV with Platinum Mods and everything done, please call or text me at 225-288-8808 ready to buy now. Thanks

suband1
06-22-12, 12:02 PM
Hey Guys, trying to buy a 07-up Black ESV with Platinum Mods and everything already done, ready to buy, call or text 225-288-8808

suband1
06-22-12, 12:05 PM
Hey I'm looking to buy a 07-up Black ESV with Platinum Mods already done, ready to buy now, if anybody is selling one please call or text me at 225-288-8808 thanks

suband1
06-24-12, 11:16 AM
Hey Lee!! What shop in west texas did u go to for the conversion ???? Text me at 225-288-8808 thanks