: Need new front brakes

OneHottCouple
05-23-12, 06:38 PM
New to the forum. I need new front brakes on our 08 cts. It doesn't have the he brakes. Any recommendations would be appriciated. The front left rotor is warped. We have 20s on it and would like something better than eom. Thanks for the help.

Michael_atDell
05-23-12, 07:32 PM
EBC 3GD Sport rotors and RedStuff pads!

Pdabs
05-23-12, 08:59 PM
Make sure to find out what brakes you have (if your car came originally with 17s or 18s)
Because there really aren't any aftermarket brake pads for the front if you originally had 17 inch wheels. Rears you'll find. Fronts I had to use acdelco. You can however get aftermarket rotors.

cjbuff
08-20-12, 02:08 PM
EBC 3GD Sport rotors and RedStuff pads! i have a 2008 cts non DI, with j55 HD brake option, with AWD and 18inch wheels. rotors are warped, what do u recommend for pads and rotors?

r1concepts
08-20-12, 04:13 PM
New to the forum. I need new front brakes on our 08 cts. It doesn't have the he brakes. Any recommendations would be appriciated. The front left rotor is warped. We have 20s on it and would like something better than eom. Thanks for the help.

If you're looking for front brakes and a front left rotor I can definitely help you out! Do you know what kind of pads you're looking for?

r1concepts
08-20-12, 04:17 PM
i have a 2008 cts non DI, with j55 HD brake option, with AWD and 18inch wheels. rotors are warped, what do u recommend for pads and rotors?

I can help you out as well. I am a vendor on here and would recommend Posi Quiet pads if you're a daily driver and your choice of what series rotors I can offer you my e-line or premium.

jaymsu
08-22-12, 05:48 PM
EBC 3GD Sport rotors and RedStuff pads!
+1
EBC RedStuff is pretty good pad. If you ever run your car on track, go with YellowStuff. Beauty of Yellow is that you don't have to change out for street driving and still good enough for track use.

HurstGN
08-23-12, 02:14 PM
Is anyone going to hint at proper lug nut torque? OK, I will. *hint*

00 ss
08-23-12, 06:30 PM
To my knowlege they don't make red or yellow stuff for the J55 brakes. If you can tolerate the dust from the semi metalic pads, get stock, they work great. If you want ceramic to cut down on dust, you need a 1331 ceramic pad. Pep boys has one, PR1331c. It's about the only aftermarket ceramic pad I've been able to find. For rotors, just make sure they aren't the autoparts store discount stuff. Get the best ones they have, or buy OEM. If you really just want to spend money for fun, buy the "performance rotors" with slots or holes. For street use, they really aren't any better, they just cost more.

Wag-O-Neer
08-26-12, 04:20 PM
J55 brakes + searching for dustless ceramic pads = very frustrating.

tinman
08-27-12, 09:15 AM
Is anyone going to hint at proper lug nut torque? OK, I will. *hint*

I believe it is 140 ft./lbs. Read your owners manual, it's in there just to be sure.

KzooWagon
11-08-12, 11:19 PM
Hello!

Has anyone located J55 Ceramic pads? I have been searching for replacement pads that are ceramic to take care of the eternal wheel cleanings. So far this has not been successful.

The EBC Redstuff appears to be some kind of semi metallic pad but have not been able to find a PN for J55.

My OE's are down to 4 mm of pad and I have a definite shake from some kind of rotor warping issue.

Any recommendations on J55 rotors?

HurstGN
11-09-12, 01:49 PM
No recommendation on parts, but be sure to always properly torque the lugs to avoid rotor warping.

KzooWagon
11-10-12, 10:21 AM
I am quite surprised that this is so difficult to find ceramic pads for a Cadillac.

bolt007
11-11-12, 08:36 PM
Ebc makes pads for our cars! Called the RedStuff just orders some.

Bandit1
11-14-12, 04:55 PM
Here you go:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/150222-ceramic-brake-pads-j55-front.html

and
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/194918-centric-posi-ceramic.html

and
Centric Ceramic Pads
http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A4364A0A0A3144178.aspx

and
Carbotech Ceramic Pads
3.6L Direct Injection V6 - Front F: CT1331 $144
Rear - ALL Models R: CT1337 $124

r1concepts
11-14-12, 06:51 PM
Hello!

Has anyone located J55 Ceramic pads? I have been searching for replacement pads that are ceramic to take care of the eternal wheel cleanings. So far this has not been successful.

The EBC Redstuff appears to be some kind of semi metallic pad but have not been able to find a PN for J55.

My OE's are down to 4 mm of pad and I have a definite shake from some kind of rotor warping issue.

Any recommendations on J55 rotors?

Do you have the Aluminum caliper bodys or iron caliper bodys in the front?

KzooWagon
11-19-12, 06:59 PM
Sorry I have been occupied with other tasks for a few days. Namely a new water pump on the truck!

The fronts are iron and the rear are aluminum.

Does this make sense?

Are the EBC Redstuff a ceramic or semi metallic? I have been all over the web and found a reference to the Redstuff that mentioned ceramic.

I also located some Morse branded ceramics locally but am not sure of this brand.

I might just go for the Redstuff and if hope they are better than the OE for performance.
----------