: remote key fob questions

mountainmaxman
05-23-12, 12:52 PM
Can I get a driver1 and driver2 key fobs for my 07 ESV? my old denali has them, and whoever sets presets 1 and 2 and you hit the unlock on that remote it sets the mirrors, seat, radio presets for that driver, I tried it on my escalade but it does not recognize driver 2, and neither of my remotes have a 1 or 2 on them like my old 03 denali does, any ideas? thanks.

packman01
05-23-12, 01:13 PM
i bought two 08+ escalade fobs for my 07 ext, and they worked fine the way you asked, marked 1 and 2....got them on ebay 80$ + shipping for both, great deal and upgrade for 07's , concidering i only got one when i got to truck

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-23-12, 03:10 PM
Hi mountainmaxam,

I checked my GM resources for you and unfortunately was unable to find any specific remote keyless entry transmitter driver programming information for you; I recommend checking with your dealership for more information about your RKE transmitters. However, I did see that your vehicle has a memory package that features buttons that are used to program and recall memory settings for the driver's seat, outside mirrors, etc. To save your positions in memory, see page 13 of your owners manual for instructions! The "DIC Customization" portion of your manual, beginning on page 254, provides further information on memory seat recall as well.

Hope this helps,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

bigtone1013
05-23-12, 03:46 PM
i bought two 08+ escalade fobs for my 07 ext, and they worked fine the way you asked, marked 1 and 2....got them on ebay 80$ + shipping for both, great deal and upgrade for 07's , concidering i only got one when i got to truck

Do you have to take them to the dealership to program them

mountainmaxman
05-23-12, 08:03 PM
I have access to the same stuff GM has, a tech II scanner and the MDI programmer, as well as their TECH info at our fleet garage, I must dig into it a little deeper and see what I can do, there is no dealership in my part of the province and the next province dealer is about 1500km away :(

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-24-12, 12:21 PM
Thanks for clarifying, mountainmaxman! I can appreciate how frustrating it would be to have a dealerships distance be inconvenient, and if you'd like me to investigate possible dealership options in your area, please feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

packman01
05-24-12, 04:22 PM
no dealer required, just have to access the menu on the HUD and go to the "add new fob" or "program" i can t remember the exact title, its pretty obvious, select and press and hold both the lock/unlock buttons on the fob and you will hear a beep..repeat with second fob .. and done

mountainmaxman
05-24-12, 08:25 PM
Yeah, i already learned the two fobs I have, but they are not marked 1 and 2 and when i press unlock on both, it does not change to either of the 1 or 2 preset options located inside on the door.

packman01
05-25-12, 08:46 AM
the 08+ fobs i have were marked 1 & 2 and it works the the way your asking about, the seats move to the correct position when you unlock to doors

RxDetective
08-02-12, 04:06 PM
You need to purchase the newer model key FOBs which look nicer, that are labeled 1 or 2 and are compatible with being programmed in a 2007. You will see that these key FOBs are square and have the Cadillac logo on them. Some are compatible with a 2007 and some are not. They sell them on eBay and you program then yourself usung the same buttons to reset mileage, gas mileage, and the rest of the vehicle four buttons located left of the radio.

03CTS_no4499
08-04-12, 04:29 AM
One setting that I think some of the folks are forgetting to mention to you is that the memory seat, and easy exit options might be disabled in the features menu. Try scrolling through that and toggle the settings on.

Knight75
12-22-12, 07:54 PM
Ive been looking on ebay for the newer Fobs. One Seller said my code ( back of my remote) has to be the same as the newer ones they are selling. But that code is only for the older FOBS! Any ideas which ones work with a 07?