: Front wheel bearings on 07

pick
05-22-12, 09:04 PM
Just got back from the dealership. My 07 with 70000 miles had right front wheel bearing go out. Called factory to check the warranty. 6 months out of warranty. The rep told me to take it to the dealership and if it wasnt a problem due to lack of maintance then they would probably take care of it. So I took it to the dealer. they offered to do the job at a discount. Well, I know that they can take care of it under warranty because I already talked to the factory. After having a moment in front of everyone the service manager took me to his office and offered to do the job for 200. I agreed to let them do It but still have a bad taste in my mouth. A wheel bearing should not fail at 70000 miles. It should of been taken care of like the factory said. I guess the factory does not have a say in what goes on with their dealers.

hcvone
05-23-12, 08:11 AM
Large tires and wheels, and real high heat are not good things for wheel bearings, having said that we have several Escalade's we service that have over 100k miles, and a few over 200k, running 22's or even 24's in one case and still have the stock wheel bearings. So while they do go it's not real common, but still sucks when you have to pay

hannity
05-23-12, 09:52 AM
Just got back from the dealership. My 07 with 70000 miles had right front wheel bearing go out. Called factory to check the warranty. 6 months out of warranty. The rep told me to take it to the dealership and if it wasnt a problem due to lack of maintance then they would probably take care of it. So I took it to the dealer. they offered to do the job at a discount. Well, I know that they can take care of it under warranty because I already talked to the factory. After having a moment in front of everyone the service manager took me to his office and offered to do the job for 200. I agreed to let them do It but still have a bad taste in my mouth. A wheel bearing should not fail at 70000 miles. It should of been taken care of like the factory said. I guess the factory does not have a say in what goes on with their dealers.

That sucks, but at least you are getting it fixed and most of all it's a minor repair and not a huge issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-23-12, 01:57 PM
Thank you for sharing, Pick! I appreciate the feedback, but I'm sorry that the process left you a bit frustrated. I'm available via email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you ever want me to investigate further regarding this concern or investigate any future questions you may have.

As you're already noticing, this forum is full of knowledgeable members and I hope you're finding their responses helpful so far.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Ghost Deany
05-23-12, 04:06 PM
this is not really a real hard DIY job is it

pick
05-23-12, 05:26 PM
Its an easy job. Done them before in about 40 min a side. I would not of taken it in if the factory didnt strongly suggest I take it. I told him I was gonna do it myself and he kept insisting I take it. I would of brought it home but its a 30 min drive and was getting unsafe to drive with a newborn in the car. I still havent heard from the dealership. Its been 24 hours since I talked with them. Cadillac so far has had real bad customer service. The factory guy never even called me back. You would think I was driving a yugo. This is Cadillac for goodness sakes.