: 2007 backup camera not functioning

jimsalone
05-22-12, 10:09 AM
The backup camera is supposed to come on when you put the vehicle in reverse. Mine no longer activates when transmission is put into reverse. It just stays on the audio screen. Where do I begin to look for the problem?

Jim

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-23-12, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear that, Jim! If you mean the outside curb view assist feature, that can be turned on or off through your DIC.

Are you indeed working with a 2007 model from your thread subject line or with the 2006 model listed in your user signature? Have you already tried checking page 3-82 of your '06 owners manual (or page 256 of the 2007 owners manual) to double check the feature hasn't simply been turned off by accident?

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

jimsalone
05-23-12, 12:46 PM
Katie,
It is a 2007. I will check the manual and make sure it's not turned off. I'm not talking about parking assist, I am talking about the actual camera that should should appear in the tv screen when I put the transmission into reverse.

Is there an option in the DIC to have the rear camera not activate?

JIm

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-23-12, 03:40 PM
Ah-ha! Thanks so much for clarifying, Jim. I looked for details regarding your rear vision camera system, and directions for turning the rear vision camera system on or off are found on page 50 of your Navigation Manual! (They involve, however, using your Navigation screen.) The Navigation Manual also lists situations where your rear vision camera system may not be working properly, such as when the sun or the beam of headlights is shining directly into the camera lens, on page 54.

Katie

fivepix
05-23-12, 05:03 PM
Does the screen go black when you put it on reverse?

jimsalone
05-23-12, 10:51 PM
No it just stays on the audio screen

hcvone
05-24-12, 09:42 AM
No it just stays on the audio screen
Do your backup lights come on when shifting into reverse?

jimsalone
05-25-12, 03:41 PM
Katie your the best. I consulted the Navigation manual and sure enough it had somehow been switched off. I followed the directions and turned it back on and it works fine!!!

Thanks so much for your help!

Jim

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-29-12, 04:16 PM
No problem, Jim! Glad to help. :)

Hope you had a great weekend,

Katie