: Bye Cadillac owners

48548m
05-22-12, 10:49 AM
No thanks to my dealer or the customer service reps for GM and or Cadillac, I got tired of having a vehicle 8-9 months and having it in the shop for 3-4 of them with no paperwork on most of it.... So I got an attorney and they are buying it back. Since the dealer never gave me a receipt on the grill, I am out that and attorney fees.... When I canceled my extended warranty in person the dealer was shocked and the gm of sales apologized and asked if he could make it right. I said pay me for the grill as I never got a receipt or give me a good loyalty certificate if you want to keep me as a customer with GM.... Two lemons in a row...... This is upsetting. I expected better than this from Cadillac and I never got or asked for a rental. How would one go about asking for a loyalty certificate before I just buy a different brand out of lost weight and lost money? Also the GM was upset I didn't talk to him first.... So all of the technicians and customer service reps or service department never told the main guys at the dealer, and this is my fault?

hcvone
05-22-12, 11:21 AM
No thanks to my dealer or the customer service reps for GM and or Cadillac, I got tired of having a vehicle 8-9 months and having it in the shop for 3-4 of them with no paperwork on most of it.... So I got an attorney and they are buying it back. Since the dealer never gave me a receipt on the grill, I am out that and attorney fees.... When I canceled my extended warranty in person the dealer was shocked and the gm of sales apologized and asked if he could make it right. I said pay me for the grill as I never got a receipt or give me a good loyalty certificate if you want to keep me as a customer with GM.... Two lemons in a row...... This is upsetting. I expected better than this from Cadillac and I never got or asked for a rental. How would one go about asking for a loyalty certificate before I just buy a different brand out of lost weight and lost money? Also the GM was upset I didn't talk to him first.... So all of the technicians and customer service reps or service department never told the main guys at the dealer, and this is my fault?

Car problems are the worst, for what things cost anymore it's no wonder why people get so upset, and of course it all comes down to service, and many times lack of service. For me I am lucky, I have several high end cars, but my Caddy dealer and my local Chevy dealer treat me BETTER than any of my high end car dealerships, and I am very thankful for that, and that is why I have several Caddy's and Corvette's. I did find out if you have the dealership behind you things go smooth and fast, they did have to replace a 2007 new Escalade that exploded in my garage, and they replaced it and gave me TWO rentals (an STS and a Tahoe) , sorry your problems were not handles better for you, I hope whatever you get treats you better thsi time around. :)

hannity
05-22-12, 12:17 PM

You are not alone, you will be happier with a quality oriented manufacturer. That being said I have gone to a 2011 RR which doesn't have a strong history of reliability. However 11.000 miles and no problems as of yet.Which is more than I could say for my platinum which started giving me problems 3 weeks into ownership. Good luck with whatever you decide to buy next. :)

PeteKT
05-22-12, 01:12 PM
Sorry you feel that way, i have an 08 EXT never had a problem besides a few small thigns that my dealership bent over backwards for and fixed for me, they have even fixed stuff i have added that wasntt here just to keep me as a happy customer.

Cadillac of Novi is the best out here.

hcvone
05-22-12, 04:07 PM
You are not alone, you will be happier with a quality oriented manufacturer. That being said I have gone to a 2011 RR which doesn't have a strong history of reliability. However 11.000 miles and no problems as of yet.Which is more than I could say for my platinum which started giving me problems 3 weeks into ownership. Good luck with whatever you decide to buy next. :)

It's funny because those quality oriented manufacturer cars I always see in my rear view mirror getting really small as my ZR1's or CTSV's blow their doors off, oh yea and cost much less too. :)

48548m
05-22-12, 05:32 PM
If GM was willing to get me a loyalty certificate, I am thinking of staying with GM.... If not, I might sit on the money or look at F-250 superduty kings ranch edition... I want a vehicle with real 4x4 and a transfer case I can control. Also maybe ford would be willing to make it right since I have only bought 5 new GM's in my life and owned a couple of used ones... I would mention the name of the dealer and explain the covers ups and made up paperwork, but I am not going to do it. If someone wants to know they can PM me. I just want to keep this clean and thank everyone on the site for the wonderful info and say I liked the truck, just not the problems for the money I was paying...

shan
05-27-12, 03:00 AM

I don't get why you are still here. Isn't there a Range Rover forum on the net somewhere? The only posts I see from you are bad mouthing Caddy's or jumping on the bandwagon when someone else does. Don't you have better things to do?

Rolex
05-27-12, 10:56 AM
I don't get why you are still here. Isn't there a Range Rover forum on the net somewhere? The only posts I see from you are bad mouthing Caddy's or jumping on the bandwagon when someone else does. Don't you have better things to do?

Good forums need trolls around to keep the other members' spirits up. :yup:

shan
05-27-12, 02:25 PM
I suppose. My bad for feeding him. I know better. :)