Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wheel Vibration at certain speeds?

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Sigfod 
#1 ·
So I recently started to get wheel vibration from 57-64mph and over 87mph. I had the wheels balanced not too long ago so I do not believe this is the issue. Could it be an alignment issue? They are some used wheels I got from a forum member. Just trying to brainstorm possible ideas as to what could be causing this.

Thanks

#2 ·
It could still be a tire balance issue - the smaller sidewalls on modern tires make them very sensitive to minor imbalance. A force balance could help. A bent wheel is another possibilty. And if it only occurs in 6th gear but not in 5th or any other gear it can be the transmission - 6th gear weakness is a known issue. See also the info in this thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum.../220606-troubleshooting-guide-vibrations.html

#5 ·
@darkman happens in 5th too i tested it tonight thanks though
@lolly nope it has not been removed at all recently

Tires were balanced at tire warehouse or one of those places. I know they don't have a road force balancer I may look into who does. I may also bring them to a company to look over the wheels and check for bends any recommendations in the northern ma sothern nh area?

G
#6 ·
Mine does it every time my tires start to wear, especially when they are getting bald. EVERY time the vibration went away with balancing and/or new tires. Mine was vibrating on Monday over 85 mph, new rear tires and balanced and it's all gone. Also, every time they tell me my right rear wheel is bent but it balances out. I suspect you may have a slightly bent wheel that should balance out.

G
#9 ·
I don't recall being frustrated. Honestly, I wouldn't call any dealership or customer service to repair my car. Every dealer I have ever taken my V to has messed up the repair, then denied responsibility. Also, there are about 6 parts that are still stock on my car that a dealer might replace for me.

Oh, and I don't live in the UK.

#11 ·
Sorry to hear about your frustration about not being frustrated, PISNUOFF! Have you contacted your local dealer about this?? I will be happy to provide you with support until another forum members answer your question.

-regards-
Bobbi Jean
That's not very nice.

But, Katie, as well meaning as you may be, he's unfortunately not far off.

#14 ·
Hi all,

D'oh! I apologize for upsetting you all; normally my procedure is to ask that customers contact me privately so I can gather personal information (address, VIN, etc.) offline via PM/email and it's not on the public thread. For customers outside my parameters of the United States, I try to direct them to the proper Cadillac Customer Assistance hotlines nearer to them in their countries.

xbladr & PISNUOFF, I'm so sorry for the mix-up! I had thought xbladr was customer from the United Kingdom, which is why I directed you to our Vauxhall team, and mistakenly used PISNUOFF'S name in my reply instead of xbladr's name. :bonkers: So, I apologize for being off my game. Xbladr, I'm always available via private message if you need me to research further for you!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

G
#15 ·
I'm just ribbing you a little Katie. I wish you guys were more involved in this forum when we were still under warranty. Most of us have been jaded by inept dealerships that assume since we have corvette motors we abuse our cars and are voided warranty work. A lot of us have repaired and/or replaced nearly every part of our cars at one point and provide 1,000,000,000 times better advice to other members than they will ever receive from a dealer.

A corporate customer service representative would have been VERY beneficial back when our initial battles began with dealerships.

#19 ·
I am in the US not UK... but thanks for the concern. Brian I have all new tires on the car and like i said they were just balanced. It may be a shitty balance or one wheel may be slightly bent I am going to take it to a company to see if they can straighten it out plus I want to PC all of the wheels

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.