: mirror memory problem and GM don't Care

wmb
11-27-04, 07:48 PM
I have an 03 EXT and I lost the drivers mirror memory after it worked fine for a year. when I use the remote to open the door and fold out the mirrors the glass dosn't move to the position it was before they were folded.
the glass did move, but not to the correct position so I had my dealer reprogramed it and now the glass will not move at all unless you press the driver 1 button while in park.
so my dealers tech called GM's tech line to be told they know of the problem but that there hasn't been enough complaints for them to come up with a resolution.
They also told the tech to tell me that that it now functions as intended!
you pay $50,000 + to be told to bad we already have your money so we dont care!

If anyone has this problem call GM maybe if they get enough calls they will do something about it

Spittin Game
11-28-04, 04:25 AM
Ive had the problem where not just my mirrors won't go back, but my seat stays all the way back. I have to hit the 1 setting to get it right. But it doesn't happen often.

I also have this problem alot: When I put it in reverse my mirrors are supposed to go down so I can see the ground behind me, mine point upward instead and its really annoying.

ALLeyez187onME
11-29-04, 12:30 AM
I actually have the same problem, sometimes my seats move all the way up, and wont stop so i have to hit the button to stop because ill smash my nuts on the steering wheel. same with the mirrors, everytime i get in i have to adjust the mirrors a little bit. Maybe i'll give them a call.

boatmanea
07-06-05, 08:53 PM
Sorry to drag out an old thread but...

I've realized a way to get around the mirror position issues when folding and unfolding the mirrors and parking the truck. The dealer / GM solution was to start the truck, fold out, then hit the memory button to resume settings. Frankly, I forgot half the time and had to put the truck back into park to hit the button. What a pain in the a**!

I found an easier way! Once you unlock the truck, you can fold and unfold the mirrors without the truck running. (I realized you could do this once when I forgot to fold the mirrors in when I parked in a public lot). So... unfold the mirrors BEFORE putting the key in the ignition (basically as you climb in the truck) and putting the key in the ignition acts as if you pressed the memory button. I've done this about 20 times now and it works EVERY time. SWEET!

Anyway, hope this works for the seat issue too, my '04 fortunately doesn't have any problems with that.

-E

slk230mb
07-06-05, 09:54 PM
Ive had the problem where not just my mirrors won't go back, but my seat stays all the way back. I have to hit the 1 setting to get it right. But it doesn't happen often.

I also have this problem alot: When I put it in reverse my mirrors are supposed to go down so I can see the ground behind me, mine point upward instead and its really annoying.

The mirrors actually just go to another stored position in reverse. Try putting the truck in reverse, then move the mirror where you want it to go, then shift into park and let the mirror move back, then save your driver 1 setting. Do all of this with the mirror to curb in reverse enabled. Doing this got it to work for me.