: What Car wash do you use?

Braknglases07
05-21-12, 04:01 PM
Just seeing what everyone uses out there to wash their black Lades? I have tried several different kinds, and just picked up this zymol ultra concentrated
auto wash!

What works best for you guys?

----------

Was just on the Zymol site... They have this wax called solaris 30k... Who would spend this on way... oh but wait its refillable for life and comes with a 24k gold spoon. I'm sold now haha

roadog1aj
05-21-12, 04:08 PM
Dawn Dish Soap.....cuts any grime and grease, and costs very little. I use Totally Awesome spray ($1 at Dollar store) on the nose and mirrors first, to get all the dang bugs off, then hand wash my EXT, hand dry it, and add more Mother's Caribbean Blend wax to the nose and mirrors (I do a complete body wax 2-3 times a summer). I then drive for a couple days, and repeat the process due to so many dang bugs and rain. I'm hoping to find a good body shop in my area that installs the 3-M clear bra, so i can protect the nose better. Until then it's Plan A listed above!!!

K9Caddy
05-21-12, 04:55 PM
Zaino Z-7 Show Car Wash.

krieghoff
05-21-12, 07:14 PM
The one in Saxonburg, PA. LOL

Eric Hagan
05-21-12, 09:42 PM
Rain X wash and wax. Works great

berk4422
05-21-12, 11:51 PM
Blue Coral Concentrate or McGuires (depends what is on sale) never wash and wax, only "wash" - very little so I don't strip the wax. I avoid any tough cleaners (like dawn) because it dries out rubber, strips wax, exposes paint to UV rays and has the power to de-laminate the window reveals. I used dawn on my first new car 20 years ago, after 3 years it looked dull, after 8 years the paint was falling off. next car was a 2000 Camaro, black. I used car wash concentrate once a week and wax 6 times a year. After 6+ years paint looked brand new and it looked garage kept - sold in a week. Wax goes a long long way when used with the right car wash. BTW, I only use Yellow Carnuba Liquid Wax McGuire's #26 car wax on all my cars. My 07 Vette looks brand new, I get compliments on it everywhere I go. I avoid car washes as much as possible - the detergents are too strong.

hcvone
05-22-12, 07:50 AM
Zaino Z-7 Show Car Wash.

Same here, it's just great stuff, car wash with a little Z-2 in it. Used it years before ever selling it. :)

K9Caddy
05-22-12, 09:24 AM
Never tried the Z-2/Z-7 concoction... Figured it would leave a haze or smear if mixed? Gonna have to try that.

hcvone
05-22-12, 10:08 AM
Never tried the Z-2/Z-7 concoction... Figured it would leave a haze or smear if mixed? Gonna have to try that.

No we put it in the manufacturing process, don't add anymore. :)

PeteKT
05-22-12, 11:34 AM
The carwash down the street from me, i pay $19.99 and then hand wash the inside and outside

Eric Hagan
05-22-12, 11:51 AM
I use mothers carnauba wax and the rain x wash and wax to wash the truck. Now I'm curious about the zaino products. How is there waxing systems. Are they worth the extra $$$

hcvone
05-22-12, 12:01 PM
I use mothers carnauba wax and the rain x wash and wax to wash the truck. Now I'm curious about the zaino products. How is there waxing systems. Are they worth the extra $$$

It really is no extra cost than any good synthetic wax, and lasts much longer. Go to their web site or my web site and read about. Been selling it for 15 years and used it way before that. :)

Eric Hagan
05-22-12, 07:45 PM
Well I bought $103.00 worth of wax and car wash. I'll give it a try. Thx

bstiffmanofsteel
05-24-12, 12:02 AM
Delta Sonic. Touch less car wash. I have the unlimited plan for $12.99 monthly

skierjp
05-28-12, 11:45 AM
McGuires car wash soap // Rejex wax

murphy
05-28-12, 02:33 PM
McGuires car wash soap // Rejex wax

exactly...Rejex is great stuff !!

MrHolland
05-28-12, 03:07 PM
My cars only get dusty therefore I rinse them off with distilled water, drive home and wipe them down or wax them. Since they never really get "dirty" I don't have to use soap and the wax stays on the car much better.