: Bad Strut? 2007 Escalade

Gismo27
05-21-12, 03:19 PM
I have this thumping noise coming from my drivers side front tire area, it seems like, and sort of feel it under my left foot while driving. I am guessing that it could be my strut, but when I had the Cadillac guys change my oil, they didn't see anything loose under there that could be making this noise.
It's getting louder now and really bothers me, been going on for like 3 months, any one have any clues what this could be? When on bumpy roads, like here in Wisconsin, due to weather, some roads are horrible!,,,,it of course is really bad, but on a smooth road sometimes you cannot hear this noise at all, so this is what leads me to the Strut issue

hcvone
05-22-12, 08:03 AM
They are really shocks, and they do go bad, usually you will see them leaking slowly over time before going completely. There are options like below and ebay as well
http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid6_pid150.htm l

jimsalone
05-22-12, 11:05 AM
Mine went after 24K miles on my 2007. This is BS. I was still under warranty so they replaced both. Exact same symptoms and sounds as yours is making. They could see mine leaking and i noticed the fluid in the driveway. I'm only at 27K now. If they go again any time soon I will be driving my Escalade through the front wall of the dealership if they don't take care of it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-22-12, 12:17 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that, Gismo27! Do you know if your dealership was able to drive your Escalade to attempt to duplicate the noise? If you'd like me to look into this matter further on your behalf, please feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

gbuller
05-22-12, 11:30 PM
My passenger side shock went out around 75000. I could have sworn it was the driver side based on the sound, but that was not the case. Replace both anyway. Dealer wanted $1,200 to replace both, but found the AC Delco OEM shocks on amazon for about $180 per. Install was simple, however, I did take the coils to a local shop to compress as the springs are quite large and the Auto Zone (rent a tool) manual compression device safety clips did not fit properly so I was a little uncomfortable tackling myself.

baleman
06-07-12, 09:06 AM
Do you need alignment after replacing the struts? I just replaced mine, but have not done the alignment, still feel a slight vibration at around 70MPH. I also replaced with OEM (fronts).

LeftLane
06-09-12, 08:08 AM
could be bad sway bar links clunking!!

LeftLane
06-09-12, 08:13 AM
If you have a bad strut, I would replace it with Bilstein from Arnott. Piss on the oem struts, my buddy is on set #2 on a 07.

ridesguy
06-09-12, 01:08 PM
It sounds like your drivers side front body mount bushing. There is a kit to fix it and it feels like a thud under your floor board. Most dealers know about it it is very common especially if you tow.

baleman
06-19-12, 11:06 PM
Alignment is absolutely necessary (as well as balancing and rotating the tires for good measure), specially if drive with bad struts for a long time before replacing. I replaced mine with OEM, I will convert the rear when it goes out.

robbrown
02-25-14, 02:26 PM
Yes i have a bad strut on the back driverside and my sway bar needs replacing the delershi wants 1500 to replace how much do they cost to purchase myself thats ridiculous. Its for my 2007 escalade

robbrown, Please update your profile to show your correct age, location, vehicle owned, and time zone (unless you live in London). Decide if you want to view old or new information (thread display) first.

hcvone
02-25-14, 04:24 PM
Yes i have a bad strut on the back driverside and my sway bar needs replacing the delershi wants 1500 to replace how much do they cost to purchase myself thats ridiculous. Its for my 2007 escalade

robbrown, Please update your profile to show your correct age, location, vehicle owned, and time zone (unless you live in London). Decide if you want to view old or new information (thread display) first.

You can get after Hotchkis sway bars front and rear for $500.00, about $100.00 to install, you can get replacement shocks from
https://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_yid6_pid150.html

, I probably have several stock sway bars lying around, do you need the front or rear sway bar,contact me at carl@hcvind.com and your location.