: Powdercoated wheels

JoeS823
05-21-12, 01:17 PM
Hey guys I think I'm going to have my wheels powder coated soon, trying to decide between doing black or a gunmetal type color, I've seen the black wheels on a red v coupe, has anyone done gunmetal wheels on a red coupe that could show me pictures?

2012 CTS-V
05-21-12, 02:36 PM
Sorry I can't be of any help but while we're on this topic, what's the difference between black satin wheels and just powdercoating your wheels black? I have a white sedan and just today I had a urge to do my front grill in black and the wheels in black too.

JoeS823
05-21-12, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure of the difference I think the satin black may be just a different color/texture of a regular black? I know that some people on here plasti-dip their wheels instead of powder coating, it's cheaper and you can do it yourself, also, the plasti-dip peels off from what I understand.

cmann_97
05-25-12, 12:00 AM
Hey guys I think I'm going to have my wheels powder coated soon, trying to decide between doing black or a gunmetal type color, I've seen the black wheels on a red v coupe, has anyone done gunmetal wheels on a red coupe that could show me pictures?

I would like to see those as well. I have the satin graphite wheels now with Crystal Red coupe, but am interested in the gunmetal color. I did a Photoshop type mock-up with the gunmetal 5 spoke wheels from Rennen and Vossen. It looked very good to me. Especially if you have the yellow calipers..

JoeS823
05-25-12, 03:04 AM
I saw your wheels in your photo gallery, I'm really torn between doing the black or the gunmetal.