Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Shifting better and pulling harder after two hours of country bad road driving,

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
So, Sunday morning I wake up and decide to go to my own church, and take a two hour drive through the back county roads of Bucks County PA. I drive the caddy hard and prolonged 5k+ rpm intervals while having a great drive. By the time my drive is almost complete I swear the car is griping harder, pulling harder and shifting smoother. I'm no mechanic, and maybe I'm crazy but IMO the car was acting so much better. any thoughts gentlemen...

----------

Title correction: Back road driving

#3 ·
I did this too, about two months ago.

We went out of town for a golf tournament, and the next morning on the way back we stayed off the interstate and stuck to the back roads.
2 hours of hard driving on a sunday morning, and PLENTY of strange looks :shocked2: from people in their yards. Things were going great till I got back in to town.
The transmission would not come out of first gear unless the car was not moving. :banghead:

I'm glad you had better luck than me! I know you sure enjoyed the ride, and this is what these cars were made for.

I'll be back on the road again soon with a new LS7 clutch, Kooks 1-7/8 LTs, new Revshift motor mounts, and a rebuilt T56 -with no 6th gear vibes anymore!

Reactions: V for victory
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.