: Lifting up intake manifold help for 05 Cadillac STS V6

KingMack
05-20-12, 09:49 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 2005 Cadillac STS V6 and I need to replace the #3 spark plug and ignition coil which the intake manifold is sitting right on..how do I go about lifting that up just enough to change these units? I removed the four bolts on top of the manifold, where are the others if the are any?? I did a lot of research and it seems like this is what has to be done for the V6 2005 STS but I didnt really find much about doing that. Please help!

Thanks,
King

EChas3
05-20-12, 10:27 PM
Got the shop manual or access to AllData? Members that work on their own cars generally do.

Now that the weather is improving, the forum is slowing down some. I'd expect a DIY'er to post within a day or two.

KingMack
05-20-12, 11:32 PM
Thanks for responding I was able to replace the coil but didnt know how to get the spark plug out of that deep hole. If someone could respond on helping me with that I would be thankful. Is there a tool I need?

Thanks,
King

fly187
06-14-13, 03:00 PM
you need a spark plug socket and about a 6 inch extension. It has a rubber garment inside socket to hold spark plug. Or you can, use a regular deep socket to loosen, then stick a magnetic rod to pull plug out.

scott9001
06-15-13, 01:50 PM
you also should not install the spark plug with a regular socket because a spark plug socket is designed to hold the plug straight where a regular one is not therefore you will be more likely to crack the porcilyn causing a misfire.