: upper motor mount part numbers?

08-30-03, 02:23 PM
I need to replace both my upper mounts... they have gone bad. I need the part numbers for both of them (wishbone with rubber mounts). I tried looking on GMparts direct but i cant make sense of what im readding.

does anyone offer after market mounts for it? or poly mounts?

my engine clunks when i slow down than accelerate and it bangs when i start it. there is ALOT of play in those 2 mounts.

09-03-03, 08:21 PM
I don't know the part numbers, but I need to replace mine too. I kinda doubt they're available aftermarket. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of aftermarket parts for these cars.

The GM terminology for the mounts you are referring to are "torque struts", at least, according to the GM service manual. That might help you in your search.

09-03-03, 09:02 PM
I emailed GM parts Direct and asked them the part numbers. When I get the part numbers I'll post them for you.

09-07-03, 07:03 PM
http://www.cadillac-parts-dealer.com/ had them for $45 each. so i ordered them. After shipping it came to $93.92.

the dealer price for them is around $60.