: Spotted four XTS today

Karch
05-20-12, 01:42 PM
Driving my son to a class, and saw a pair of new XTS's, MI plates.

On the way back, saw two more.

Looked like couples in the car...nice day for a Sunday drive.

Houdini
05-20-12, 02:05 PM
Yeah at the stl cars and coffee yesterday a guy was telling us how he saw a bunch of them being unloaded from a trailer. I forget where he said he saw them.

Garymonnecka
05-20-12, 02:32 PM
Probably employee training. My dad is a salesman and was at the event where they show them to all the employees a few days ago.

nynd
05-20-12, 02:42 PM
They're made up here in Oshawa (Ontario) Canada.

neuronbob
05-20-12, 03:11 PM
XTS is not my cup of tea, but Cadillac did need a replacement for the DTS/STS to satisfy that segment of Cadillac buyers. Looks like a good interim move on Cadillac's part while the new CTS is worked out and the rumored real RWD flagship Cadi is prepared.

GM-4-LIFE
05-21-12, 12:31 AM
XTS is ok, but I would NEVER EVER drive a FWD car. I don't understand why Cadillac wants to establish themselves as a true performance/luxury brand would have ANY FWD vehicles in their lineup. Makes no sense to me at all. XTS and SRX should have both been RWD vehicles.

neuronbob
05-21-12, 06:05 AM
That's just your opinion :) . Mine is that Cadillac exists to make money. The old SRX did not sell well. The new FWD SRX has been selling like hotcakes. Th XTS will sell to DTS buyers. Cadillac SHOULD try to retain those buyers because they pay for development of future V-series and other RWD cars. Having cars to fit a variety of lux buyers is not a bad thing.

jft69z
05-21-12, 08:38 PM
My old '97 Eldo ETC was a FWD car. I loved that thing, plus it was my first Caddy. I had all RWD cars up to that point & certainly didn't feel it was any lesser of a car because it was FWD. Besides, if I wanted to go fast & smoke the tires at the time, I took out the Z-28.

Karch
05-21-12, 08:50 PM
A 454 Z28? That's a heck of a stroke in that DZ block.

jft69z
05-21-12, 10:30 PM
A 454 Z28? That's a heck of a stroke in that DZ block.

Steroids...

hulksdaddy
05-21-12, 11:31 PM
That blue XTS in the commercial is sweet!

buddyg
05-22-12, 08:22 AM
That's just your opinion :) . Mine is that Cadillac exists to make money. The old SRX did not sell well. The new FWD SRX has been selling like hotcakes. Th XTS will sell to DTS buyers. Cadillac SHOULD try to retain those buyers because they pay for development of future V-series and other RWD cars. Having cars to fit a variety of lux buyers is not a bad thing.

Exactly let the masses pay for us horsepower junkies!

GreaseMonkey
05-22-12, 09:10 AM
XTS is ok, but I would NEVER EVER drive a FWD car. I don't understand why Cadillac wants to establish themselves as a true performance/luxury brand would have ANY FWD vehicles in their lineup. Makes no sense to me at all. XTS and SRX should have both been RWD vehicles.

I agree with you, but you're not the target customer. For that segment, RWD or FWD truly doesn't matter. Those cars aren't going to be driven hard. The RWD flagship is coming in a few years. In the meantime, a hole needed to be filled in the product lineup.

I've seen quite a few, and will probably go sit in the one that's down in the lobby......