: O8 ESV chirping noise start-up and acceleration...... Any ideas?

aand010
05-19-12, 11:36 PM
Hey Guys Im new to the forum and I just bought th ESV and tonight I took my wife for ice cream and heard a chirping noise when accelerating. My wife is so upset. We just paid 41,800 for the Suv and to have issues already. I'm taking the truck back to the dealer Monday to have some work done from negotiations before purchase. I just dont want them to tell me its normal. I made her trade in her Navigator because I love my STSV and had no issues with the car

murphy
05-20-12, 12:22 AM
I'd think it's something simple like a belt....minor

quattrotman
05-20-12, 02:39 AM
Ya, that sounds like belt/belt tensioners...not a big deal. Parts and labour is maybe $300...easy DIY too.

cadmanchris
05-20-12, 12:56 PM
Probably belt, but could be also alignment of pulleys. There was a bulletin for that a while back.
Welcome to the forum!!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-21-12, 10:14 AM
Welcome, aand010! I'm very sorry to hear about the chirping; I can appreciate how upsetting that could be so soon after your purchase. I am hoping everything goes well at the dealership for you today, and please keep us updated on the resolution!

As a side note, if you would ever like me to double check the warranty specifics on your ESV, check for open recalls, or investigate vehicle concerns, feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

hannity
05-26-12, 07:46 PM
Hey Guys Im new to the forum and I just bought th ESV and tonight I took my wife for ice cream and heard a chirping noise when accelerating. My wife is so upset. We just paid 41,800 for the Suv and to have issues already. I'm taking the truck back to the dealer Monday to have some work done from negotiations before purchase. I just dont want them to tell me its normal. I made her trade in her Navigator because I love my STSV and had no issues with the car
If your AC is on it could be the blower motor or it could be the serpentine belt.

Nice Ride
05-26-12, 08:30 PM
Quick test, spray some belt dressing on and see if it stops. If the belt has been contaminated with antifreeze, it also makes some squawking noises. Good luck.