: The Interloper...

FLTRI
05-19-12, 01:47 PM
That's my nickname this weekend, apparently.

Went on a run with BlackJack Corvettes to Lone Pine, Ca. via Death Valley. We got lucky and had very little traffic on some amazingly twisty roads, these boys run hard, well into triple digit speeds. The C4 in the pic is a long way from stock, and the other two have some bolt on mods.

Had no problem keeping up, and actually pushed the C6 I was following in some of the corners. They were giving me sh*t about bringing a Station Wagon, but that stopped at the first rest break...:)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/0174c561.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/8c31e755.jpg

Vwagon2012
05-19-12, 04:28 PM
Why would they complain? You had the nicest car on the run.

thebigjimsho
05-19-12, 04:33 PM
You could be the runner. Everyone loves the runner...

neuronbob
05-19-12, 07:49 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/0174c561.jpg

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong.
Can you guess which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song? :)

Great pics and it sounds like a great drive.

FLTRI
05-19-12, 08:08 PM
Todays run, Mt. Whitney... :thumbsup:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/12efac69.jpg

hulksdaddy
05-20-12, 03:21 AM
Cool that you all have the same license plate. :)

NAX-121
05-22-12, 06:21 PM
That looks like a lot of fun Dan so i know you will get a kick out of this. Over the weekend on the way down to Havasu I had a couple guys giving me crap about driving a 4300lb supercharged boat anchor(they were in a 2010 supercharged ss camaro) at the chevron in searchlight. So guess for whatever reason they felt they needed to race the "supercharged boat anchor". :lildevil: The look on their face was priceless when after four quick rolling blasts then after giving them a little jump then passing them like a corner house on a street which pretty much ended all debate. Dont know if he was more upset over the absolute spanking handed out:banghead: or my comment of "wow thought that supercharged ss would have been faster":D. What was even funnier was their buddies following in a vette wanted no part of the V. Those two gave the V the nickname "NIBIRU", said its a big red blurr that causes havoc and distruction to the unfortunate ones whos path it crosses". Had no idea at first what they ment but thanks to iphone and google I quickly realized they had come up with the perfect name finally for the V. The next day walking out of dinner there was a guy telling his wife as they were walking in "thats that CTS-V "NIBIRU"....the stupid fast Cadillac that destroyed Johns SS yesterday". Seems the guys buddies in the Vette were giving him crap and also telling everyone they knew about him getting spanked by a red supercharged boat anchor.

baabootoo
05-22-12, 10:00 PM
Nice! How much did you charge them to carry their luggage??????? :)

FLTRI
05-22-12, 11:08 PM
Nice! How much did you charge them to carry their luggage??????? :)

Actually, I owe these guys. My Vette is a 96 (no trunk) roadster with the hardtop on it. I'm lucky to get a bag of peanuts back there...

They've been kind enough to haul my stuff in their C5's & C6's for years...

----------

That looks like a lot of fun Dan so i know you will get a kick out of this. Over the weekend on the way down to Havasu I had a couple guys giving me crap about driving a 4300lb supercharged boat anchor(they were in a 2010 supercharged ss camaro) at the chevron in searchlight. So guess for whatever reason they felt they needed to race the "supercharged boat anchor". :lildevil: The look on their face was priceless when after four quick rolling blasts then after giving them a little jump then passing them like a corner house on a street which pretty much ended all debate. Dont know if he was more upset over the absolute spanking handed out:banghead: or my comment of "wow thought that supercharged ss would have been faster":D. What was even funnier was their buddies following in a vette wanted no part of the V. Those two gave the V the nickname "NIBIRU", said its a big red blurr that causes havoc and distruction to the unfortunate ones whos path it crosses". Had no idea at first what they ment but thanks to iphone and google I quickly realized they had come up with the perfect name finally for the V. The next day walking out of dinner there was a guy telling his wife as they were walking in "thats that CTS-V "NIBIRU"....the stupid fast Cadillac that destroyed Johns SS yesterday". Seems the guys buddies in the Vette were giving him crap and also telling everyone they knew about him getting spanked by a red supercharged boat anchor.

Very nice! I Googled, you may have found your vanity plate!!!

That's probably my favorite thing about these cars, absolutely destroying someone in their sports car...

I swear, I'm going to get cards printed that read, "Yeah, I got beat by a Station Wagon" and give them to the other drivers...

NAX-121
05-23-12, 01:30 AM
Ok the card idea is too funny. I love it. Kinda like here's your sign....lol Ive got to say your right on the vanity plate....looking into it now.

FLTRI
05-23-12, 02:27 AM
Available...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/050bf9da.jpg