: Best aftermarket alarm for 02 Escalade

1HOTCADY
11-27-04, 01:43 PM
Since adding my system, tv's, and rims to my ext, I feel the need for an aftermarket alarm & I was thinking about the Clifford Matrix 2-way system. I have heard a few stories of aftermarket alarms causing electrical havoc on escalades, but I really want an alarm/pager system. Is there a different system I should look for, or will the CLifford be a good choice???
Any input on this matter would be appreciated. TIA :cool:

skides1
11-27-04, 02:31 PM
I have a few extra minutes. Your 02' has one of the best alarms available. I invite you to challenge the basics. 1: it's factory intergrated(many benefits), 2: it has shock, current, pin switch, motion, ignition kill, starter kill, GPS location capability, cellular notification(a pay service) ability, etc. Not to mention an intergrated pass lock send and recieve chip in the ignition key. I know the Insurance institute lists the EXT as the most stolen vehicle but given my experience with alarms even a mid level car thief would have to have an arsenal of resources to even get a checkbook out of my ride. I get a call on my cell (theoreticaly) or a horn honk on glass breakage. I live in a major metro area and I have visible electronics and I can park on the street with no worries and wake up with 3 Hondas (employing those annoying 9-sound alarms) violated.? I challenge you to come up with even a 2K dollar alarm with either the features or security of the factory system.
SS

Spittin Game
11-27-04, 03:15 PM
Skides is all of that true? Cause Soundtrack told me my factory alarm was garbage. :annoyed:

skides1
11-27-04, 03:31 PM
Soundtrack? Dont you even think about letting them touch your Caddy. Let me get your question straight: Do you think I made all that up?-More to think about: I hate sales jobs and I could never outright lie to a custiomer to get a 10% commission on 500 bucks but I used to know a few starving guys that would tell a customer anything to make a sale. I suggest if you doubt what I say please go to the most expensive sound shop and bypass the sales dept by letting them know you want to interview their lead installer for his opinion without offering to buy anything. My electronics knowledge may be dated due to new flashy tech but its better than flying blind.
SS

Spittin Game
11-27-04, 03:56 PM
I was thinking the same thing kinda, about the commission and sales people.

I originally went in just looking for a remote starter, and the girl (she sounded like she knew her shit) told me my alarm was garbage. And to get some $500 alarm/pager/lcd/remote start all in one.

skides1
11-27-04, 04:05 PM
Given I live on the west coast I have no response the the gender of the sales advocate and I am confident I could sell you a 150 dollar system with some fancy install tricks for 2K (plus it would have a cool graphic keyfob)!!!! No offence. Please answer the question I asked in my PM or go to Wal-mart and get the advice you need.SS

skides1
11-27-04, 04:10 PM
WAIT- it sounds like Superman is butting in-give up-I don't know you but I am really trying to give some valuable advice and hecklers need not apply cause resistance is futile and ignorance is documented.SS-If your a newbee please cease and accept my sincere sorrow for your low IQ

Spittin Game
11-27-04, 04:26 PM
Skides, you can suck my dick ***! Asking if I live in the ghetto and if I have a low IQ in your pm, who the **** do you think you are? I aint even gonna take the time to respond to your pm, cause obviously you aint worth my time!

B/c I didnt know about an alarm means I have a low IQ??? You are an ignorant uneducated bitch!

hardtimez
11-27-04, 08:41 PM
Ok all that stuff he talked about is part of onstar if u have it. a good aftermarket alarm some sort of DEI piece wood work good. The clifford matrix the Viper the Python or any of the other products they make. The car gets stolen alot shold tell u something about the factory security system. Dei owns alot of the tecnology being used in most aftermarket alarms and they do alot of the transponders for gm.

Tjay
11-27-04, 09:42 PM
Onstar is eliminated by simply breaking the exterior antenna off. If a theif wants your car bad enough it is gone, no matter what alarm system you have.(have had the best money can buy) Save the money and up your insurance!

1HOTCADY
11-29-04, 09:14 AM
Of course my onstar is hooked up and a great deterrant, but I would like remote start and more security. So will the Clifford be the one, or are there others I should consider?? TIA

extonsprees
11-30-04, 08:56 PM
I have a friend who works for a big audio/video store and I initially came to him to get the (DEI) Viper Responder, which they sell, but he refused to sell it to me, he said that a majority of the Responders either fail to work after a period of time or cause some sort of problems, most have to be returned and need a new alarm. I have the (Audiovox) Prestige 2-way alarm system, Ive had it for a year now and im very satisfied with it, works from long distances and alerts me when my alarm has been set off.
u can view it here...
Audiovox (http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=12870&langId=-1)

BogeyBoy82
11-30-04, 09:36 PM
All DEI products are the same...whether they have a viper, python, clifford name on them...all the sensors are the same...and infact.....The factory alarm is DEI...i know there is an add on module for it where you can do stuff like remote start/windows...i just wish you could add paging...

Snapping off the onstar antenna doesnt disable onstar tracking if im not mistaken...thats a cellular antenna for talking to the operators only if im not mistaken...could be though...any good thief would pop the dash off quick and just remove the onstar box.