: 2008 xlr v am i supposed to see all the top mechanisim at the rear of the trunk?

hubbel
05-18-12, 08:28 PM
Here we go again...Am I missing a panel or soft cover at the rear of the trunk to hide all of the trunk operating system!!:ill:
I hope the picture shows it! I took it to My dealer today and there were mixed opinions by the mechanics and parts guys!!
Any ideas?
Thanks...Hubbel:bigroll:

deadringer
05-19-12, 12:01 PM
There's a fabric net-like material that covers all of that in the earlier models... but at some point it was deleted. Nobody knows why... but I understand you can buy the net from an earlier model and install it in the newer models. But to answer your question - in an '08 model, yes you are supposed to see all of that.

coati
05-19-12, 01:06 PM
Here we go again...Am I missing a panel or soft cover at the rear of the trunk to hide all of the trunk operating system!!:ill:
I hope the picture shows it! I took it to My dealer today and there were mixed opinions by the mechanics and parts guys!!
Any ideas?
Thanks...Hubbel:bigroll:

My 2008 XLR-V looks just like the photo of yours too!
No cover for the trunk/roof operating system on mine either.

hubbel
05-19-12, 03:50 PM
Hey Guys...
Thanks so much for the replys! Who would think that a GM vehicle with a list price that the XLR V Had would not cover all that STUFF!!!:cookoo:
Hubbel!

hubbel
05-21-12, 06:38 PM
Would You Believe...It is listed for the 06 and 07...But NLA!!:crybaby:
The parts guys will see if they can find a part number in an old book!
Hubbel!

Johnxlrv
06-11-12, 08:54 PM
Would You Believe...It is listed for the 06 and 07...But NLA!!:crybaby:
The parts guys will see if they can find a part number in an old book!
Hubbel!

My 06 xlrv is covered with the top up or down