: Cylinder 7 eating a spark plug

Rockey
05-18-12, 12:52 PM
Is cylinder 7 notorious for running lean on the LS motors? Is there any fix or solution for this. My tuner suggested going with a larger injector for cylinders 7&8. Has anyone ever done this?

Can the injector pulse width be changed on each cylinder individually?

baabootoo
05-18-12, 07:23 PM
Did you have the injectors flow matched ever? This doesn't make any sense to me; albeit with my limited knowledge of injectors from the past.

Haze
05-19-12, 11:53 AM
I'd take it in to the dealer. That sounds like a faulty injector to me.

M5eater
05-19-12, 01:50 PM
Is cylinder 7 notorious for running lean on the LS motors? Is there any fix or solution for this. My tuner suggested going with a larger injector for cylinders 7&8. Has anyone ever done this?

Can the injector pulse width be changed on each cylinder individually?

different sized injectors?

Sounds like your need a new tuner, and someone to look at your engine. I've never, ever heard of anyone using different sized injectors.

tbauer
05-19-12, 09:20 PM
Have to agree w/ M5eater.

I did a lot of searching and reading before my build and I also haven't heard of anyone using different sized injectors in these motors. I know my f250 diesel had a dead head (non regulated return fuel line) which cause #8 to lean out and the fix/mod was a different single shot injector (the original was a split shot) but this is two totally different engine technologies.