: GMX550 Lockpit on 2007 Escalade

bochalov
05-18-12, 10:48 AM
I just installed my GMX550 in my 2007 Escalade and I have a question:

When you're playing music on your ipod/iphone can you use factory rear view camera? Every time I'm putting transmition on reverse front screen becoming black with message "Service rear view system"

Thanks!

quattrotman
05-19-12, 02:14 AM
If you get this message press the down button (maybe its up) on the seek button and it should go away. I get this sometimes but most of the time it works fine.

bochalov
05-19-12, 02:56 AM
I'll try today. Thank you!

bochalov
05-19-12, 06:47 AM
I tried to do this, but still nothing - black screen with "Service rear view system"

quattrotman
05-19-12, 09:55 PM
You can also try to reset the device...easiest way, unhook the negative lead on the battery and then put it back on again. If it continues after that, I'd call their technical support...good luck with that...they aren't that helpful.

Eric Hagan
05-20-12, 10:57 AM
What device are you using. Some are not able to provide video out and this will cause the service rear cam display.
With the gmx it steals the video input from the rear cam and uses your device. So if there is no video output from the device, let's say in my case if I lock my iPhone 4s, the video output from the device shuts off and it will display the service rear cam. If you are using a old iPhone like a 3G I don't think it is capable of video out. The 3GS is capable but limited. I have jail broken all of my iPhones and the 4s is the best so far. I'll show a video clip in a few. I hope this makes sense.
I thought it was the gmx that was causing my problems but it was my phone.

----------

I didn't do it in the video but if I lock my phone it will show that service message. Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLlFnqlt0sY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

bochalov
05-20-12, 01:52 PM
I'm using iPhone 4, but I have Service rear cam display when I'm shifting transmition on "R", so my rear view camera is not switching ON when it must.

quattrotman
05-20-12, 03:00 PM
Maybe a dumb question but did you do the wiring under the passenger seat? You need to cut the blue wire and connect to the lockpick. It outlines that step in the instructions. The iPod utilizes the rear channel out as well. If you have reset the device, unplugged your iPod and or re-seated it and you are positive you've done the wiring correctly (manual is on coastal's website), I would say there is something amiss and you should call them.

Eric Hagan
05-20-12, 06:40 PM
The only thing tapping into the blue wire allows you to do is turn the camera on while moving forward or if the truck is not in reverse.
But if it is not cut and nothings been done with the blue wire, the camera should still work as if the gmx was not installed. Could be the lock pick or it could be a issue with the camera. Not sure

bochalov
05-21-12, 12:13 AM
Yes, I did wiring as written in manual and camera is working till I connect my iPod 4G or iPhone 4.

bochalov
05-29-12, 12:29 AM
I found one way how to listen music from iDevices and to use rear view system when shifting transmition to "R" position. Before I starting engine I'm switching on music from iPhone in Lockpit menu "ACTIVATE IPOD", after that in Lockpit menu switching on "VIEW REAR CAMERA", system will beep two times, but camera will not switch on, as ignition still off. After that I'm starting engine and using camera normally. I'm not so happy using Lockpit, as I was thinking you need only one time to make set up after installing GMX550.