: Need Help! Have Chimes and Warning Lights Going off

RBefort
05-17-12, 09:48 PM
Just cruising around the middle of town, 20 mph. Stopped at a stop sign and started to turn left. All of a sudden, I noticed I couldn't turn the steering wheel as far and felt pretty tight. Then, I got the ABS, TC, and BRAKE lights and some chimes. I stopped, turn car off, and still felt same/lights stayed on and chimed. Drove it slowly back to the house and waiting for it to cool. Is this a power steering fluid issue? Any other things I should check from past experiences? Thanks.

EDIT: Checked the fluid and it is a dark brown color, but at an adequate level. Don't think I heard any strange noises or vibrations, but was on a brick road so not sure.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-18-12, 10:35 AM
Very sorry to read that you experienced this, RBefort! Please feel free to send me a private message or an email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you'd like me to research your Cadillac to check for recalls, etc., or if you'd like me to locate a dealership nearby. Are you thinking about bringing your vehicle in to the dealer for a diagnosis?

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

RADEoN
05-18-12, 11:03 AM
again, Katie with the slam dunk help.

i believe that relates to a wheel speed sensor, or a bad brake control module. codes C1225 and C1226, from a quick search.

edit:

or a wire in the car somewhere, or a complete fluke.

RBefort
05-18-12, 12:51 PM
I have read to try flushing out the power steering fluid in the reservoir...would this help, or should I just take it to the GM dealer and have them run it? Hate to drive too far on it not knowing what is wrong.

Twitch
05-18-12, 01:17 PM
From what I've read in the past, a dying battery could cause warnings and gauges to go crazy. Even if the battery itself is good, it might be a ground issue. For that, you can read the long-assed oil temp thread to clean up the grounds.

Tony

RBefort
05-18-12, 02:31 PM
Took it to O'Reilly, as on GM dealer in town was too busy. He only found 2 codes, a U1040 that provided no description except "Manufacturer's something" and a P8546 or the like, which was Traction Control Signal. I'll try to find the oil temp thread.

Loss of Class 2 Communication with ABS. Would I just replace the ABS module? If so, is this able to be done in driveway?

RBefort
05-20-12, 02:53 PM
Bump before I get to dealer tomorrow. What are some sources to look for the Loss of Class 2 Communication with ABS Code? Meaning, what are the things I need to check? I don't want the dealer just giving me the biggest, most expensive option first.

73ekua
05-21-12, 11:39 AM
Hey, Before you do anything check the power steeering accesory belt to make sure its not torn off. Also start car and check power steering fluid to see if there is boiling( will see bubbles whilst car is running. If all is well then remove positive battery first and negative then touch together for 10secs. Reconnect positive then negative and try your car out. Let me know.
Dearlers are Rip off