: Chrome Delete Completed...

brlong23
05-17-12, 08:27 PM
I posted in the General Discussion forum a month ago with pics of my V after I plastidip'd the wheels. Decided to wait a bit before I did the rest of the chrome...and that day has come. Pics aren't the greatest but let me know what you think. I think it changes the look dramatically. I'll add some better ones in a day or two.

donivan
05-17-12, 09:45 PM
I think the red with black looks the best but i'm biased :) I have red sedan with everything blacked out except window trim and wheels but blacking that out this weekend. You do the front grill?

whisler151
05-17-12, 10:11 PM
Looks great!

Vwagon2012
05-17-12, 10:35 PM
Looks good. What about the calipers?

brlong23
05-17-12, 10:41 PM
Yes, the front grill is done and I'll post pics of that tomorrow.

Was thinking of leaving the calipers as is. I think they look pretty good with the lug nuts in contrast to the rest of the black. Just my opinion though.

Thanks for the comments!

rangerrob
05-18-12, 09:11 AM
looks real good! Only thing is you should also plasti dip the lower valance on the rear bumper to make it match the black, instead of the gray, unless you already did it and the lighting just makes it look a little different? can't really tell. I'm not sure if the cadi crest and v logo on the rear look good completely blacked out. Looks like the pieces are just too big to be all black. maybe peel off the dip covering the colored parts of the logos? if it doesn't look at good just reshoot it with some more plasti dip. Did you do the fog light housings to match the front grilles also?

Captain McFunk
05-18-12, 11:47 AM
This looks AWESOME. Glad I could persuade someone to do it! I ALMOST bought a red CTS-V. went with the white, but sometimes i'm jealous. This is one of those times. Looks AWESOME man.

Pphilthy
05-18-12, 06:04 PM
Everything looks great besides the caddy emblems - they look like a blob with no detail...

LV_V
05-20-12, 07:31 PM
To do the emblems do you just spray them with the grill and then use an exactly knife to score the edges before peeling up? Or are you masking them off before spraying the grill?

Looking good. Can't wait to hit my V with some dip this week.

Thunder Gray STS
05-20-12, 08:07 PM
To do the emblems do you just spray them with the grill and then use an exactly knife to score the edges before peeling up? Or are you masking them off before spraying the grill?

Looking good. Can't wait to hit my V with some dip this week.

Just spray them with the grill and peel off what you want...wreath, crest color part or crest chrome. No exacto knife needed.

brlong23
05-20-12, 09:13 PM
A few more pictures, as promised...

tbauer
05-21-12, 01:08 AM
I like the way the car looks even the lugs and caliper contrasting. I do think I would prefer to have the emblem colors to show though. Good job!

Fireverm
05-21-12, 10:33 AM
Looks really good man...I don't like any chrome either. I originally blacked out the emblems completely too but ultimately didn't like it that way so I had them smoked instead. I also had all of my lights and markers smoked as well.

Let us know how the plasti-dip holds up on the grills as mine are painted flat with no clear and already have some chips in them. I'm thinking of either trying the plasti-dip or painting again but just with glossy with some clear this time for protection.

Here's a pic where you can see the smoked crest.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6039/6277813472_209f0821fd_b.jpg

thebigjimsho
05-23-12, 12:16 PM
In MA, if I don't drive like a dolt, I can keep my front plate off...

CTSV_Jim
05-23-12, 12:34 PM
In MA, if I don't drive like a dolt, I can keep my front plate off...

With our cars, isn't that a BIG "if"

thebigjimsho
05-23-12, 04:56 PM
hmm...

brlong23
05-23-12, 11:51 PM
Is that a good hmm, or a bad hmm?