: Need a CTS V fuel tank in Edmonton

nuck
05-17-12, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know of a Canadian car being wrecked?

nuck
05-18-12, 01:24 PM
FYI could not locate anything in Canada. Standard CTS tank does not work. $1400 from GM. I know there are forum vendors who will sell GM parts much cheaper than our local dealers but I ended up locating a tank in Minnesota from a wrecker for $300 so I am guessing this is the way to go.

nuck
06-17-12, 02:16 AM
Got the tank from the wrecker to Edmonton for another $290 through UPS so about $600 total. Tank is however, no good, Will see if I can get any money back from the wrecker. On the positive side I googled genuine GM parts and found a few different OEM suppliers from the US who will ship here. Should have the fresh tank here for about $700 CDN which is barely more than the used one. Should have done this to start:(

nuck
09-01-12, 01:28 PM
Final outcome. My two tanks including shipping cost me $1400 less install labor which is what a CDN tank would have run in the first place. However, it turns out that only the 04-05 cars use a different part # for the LS6 vs V6 cars. All 06+ use the same p# as the 04-05 six banger which probably means I could have used any 6 cylinder CTS tank from a local wrecker and saved all the hassle. Unless there was some kind of change around the fuel tank area from 05 to 06 in the Vs which seems iffy.

4DoorGTZ
12-08-12, 02:01 AM
Wow, crummy.

I saved at least 40% when I grenaded my diff/axle by ordering from Luke@Lindsay way over in the DC area to AB.