: Good by Vette, hello Caddy

Almondted
05-17-12, 03:15 PM
Just bought a 2011 CTS-V fully loaded with 8500 miles. Not sure if I like the recaro's or not but time will tell. Interior noise is much lower
than the 2008 Vette. It rides smoother, power feels real close, both are Crystal Red tint coat but the vette was a tad darker. I will miss the
vette family but won't miss the louder-harsher ride. So far the caddy has a great feel when behind the wheel! Now time to start some
tasteful mods. Is this forum the biggest, best for cts-v? Look forward to some good reading...:cool2:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/almondted/IMG_0615.jpg

JFJr
05-17-12, 03:34 PM
I had 6 Corvettes over the years before getting my 2005 CTS-V, and then my current 2009 CTS-V. My initial impression of the 2005 was that the steering feel was better than in my 2001 C5 Z-51. This is a Cadillac? Ha haa! You will probably come to love the Recaros once you get all the settings right for your body. You might want to hold off on the mods until you drive the car for a while. The most mods are done by the guys with the automatic transmission; they usually aren't satisfied with how it shifts.

This may be the best sedan GM has ever made. The combination of luxury and performance is perfect. Watch your speedometer! :lildevil:

Jud

smackdownCTSV
05-17-12, 03:57 PM
Nice choice. ;)

Chrispy
05-17-12, 03:58 PM
Congrats!

quikag
05-17-12, 04:00 PM
I'm lucky in that I have both a Vette and a CTS-V. If I could only have one though, it would be the V as it's more well-rounded as an everyday driver.

GM-4-LIFE
05-17-12, 06:43 PM
CONGRATS! The V is one amazing vehicle. You are on the biggest CTS-V forum on the net.

I came from the Corvette family as well. I had a 2001 C5 Coupe, 2002 Z06, 2003 Z06, 2004 ZO6 and 2005 C6 Coupe. None of them were as quiet, comfortable or offered a nice interior like the V and the performance of the V is plenty for me, even though I hope the V3 will have MORE power stock, so there is no need to modify them after purchase. To me, the V looks way meaner and way nicer than any Vette I ever had. The V turns heads. The Vettes...not so much.

Crystal Red CTS-V
05-17-12, 08:28 PM
Also lucky to have both. The V has gotten many more compliments than the Vette. Trying to choose between the two is like picking a favorite child! Congrats!

Mike02z
05-17-12, 08:42 PM
I'm lucky in that I have both a Vette and a CTS-V. If I could only have one though, it would be the V as it's more well-rounded as an everyday driver.

Same here. I love my vette but if I could only have one, it would be the V, hands down.

Vwagon2012
05-17-12, 08:54 PM
Great choice. Some many easy mods to really get you rolling. People don't see that many V's. Not a Belly Button. Have fun, as all V owners do.

Almondted
05-18-12, 10:31 AM
I have had four Vettes in my life (1971,1980,2001,2008) and loved them all but I agree right now the caddy is the better choice for the moment. I think there could be a C7 in my near future, have to wait and see what it looks like! All the rumors of body style, engine and interior, who knows...

Airfoto
05-22-12, 04:36 PM
I also have a C6 Z06 and now CTS Vagon - totally different cars - thats why I bought the V - it's just a great car and almost as much fun as the Z! Gotta KEEP them both!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TriTexan
05-22-12, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the club! Great forum here - I don't know if it's the biggest, but I would venture to say it's clearly the BEST. Lively discussion and debate on every topic out there, and a variety of owners too - all ages and backgrounds seem to be represented, so you get posts and opinions from the entire spectrum, which I really enjoy.