: Grilles

DarkMingBlueSTS
05-17-12, 10:41 AM
I have a 2005 sts the person I bought it from had a horrible problem with tailgating...while I was installing my new upper mesh grille for it I figured I would try try to take out my lower and try to clean it up some...once I got it out and got a good look at it I realized just cleaning it wouldn't be worth it but the backside of the mesh was untouched and only weathered...so I took the time to take the mesh out of the frame, polish it, and install the new looking side facing out...and now I have a lower that matches my brand new upper...it only took a couple of hours and was well worth the time and money saved not having to buy a new one which you would still spend half of that time installing a brand new one...so if you have grille in bad shape like I did I recommend doing this...sad part of the story is my aftermarket upper didn't fit(they shipped a "v" grille) but I do have pics of everything installed if anybody wants to see the comparison of the upper and lower...

scott9001
05-18-12, 07:23 PM
yeah man throw the pictures up good idea for when i buy a e&G but i think im going to paint mine black

DarkMingBlueSTS
05-20-12, 11:30 PM
923489234992350 :halo:

Smokin'Caddy06
05-21-12, 01:53 PM
Looks like it didn't fit??

KRSTS
05-21-12, 02:14 PM

@ +1

eatyoursandwich
05-21-12, 03:47 PM

...sad part of the story is my aftermarket upper didn't fit(they shipped a "v" grille) but I do have pics of everything installed if anybody wants to see the comparison of the upper and lower...

Ordered the wrong upper. Post pics when you get the right one. Use imgur or something to host your pictures.

DarkMingBlueSTS
05-22-12, 03:12 PM
I did order the right grille, I was sent the wrong grille, hence the words "they shipped me a v grille"....pics were only posted to show the comparison of the brand new upper to the revitalized lower....not to talk about a "right or wrong" grille(all explained in the original post)