: "GM Certified" Warranty -- Yes/No/How Much $$

spfulfill
05-15-12, 11:09 AM
The 2010 Escalade I purchased with 41,000mi on it should be here tomorrow, so I have about a day to figure out whether or not to go with the GM Certified Warranty. I'm told that this brings the factory 4yr/50,000mi bumper to bumper warranty to a 6yr/100,000 and the cost the dealership gave me was $1,695. I'm typically more of a gambling man and I don't pay for a warranty on anything, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this. Also, if you opted with this warranty, I was wondering how this price looked/compared to what you bought it for.

hcvone
05-15-12, 11:58 AM
The 2010 Escalade I purchased with 41,000mi on it should be here tomorrow, so I have about a day to figure out whether or not to go with the GM Certified Warranty. I'm told that this brings the factory 4yr/50,000mi bumper to bumper warranty to a 6yr/100,000 and the cost the dealership gave me was $1,695. I'm typically more of a gambling man and I don't pay for a warranty on anything, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this. Also, if you opted with this warranty, I was wondering how this price looked/compared to what you bought it for.

You have 9k miles on your 4 year 50k mile warranty, you have a 5 year 100k powertrain warranty, I am not much for extended warranties, HOWEVER if you do not know who owned and how they cared, or didn't care for the truck it maybe worth the 1700 dollars. All my Escalade problems, have had a dozen Escalade's at this point, where in the first 1k miles or less, have not had an issue after with any of them. Good luck with your new truck

RippyPartsDept
05-15-12, 12:09 PM
negotiate a few hundred (or more) off if you can ... i'd say it's worth it

all the interior trim stuff that can break will stay covered for the extra two years

GreaseMonkey
05-15-12, 12:29 PM
That model year and mileage is within the CPO Cadillac program. You should be getting that 6 year/100,000 mile warranty without having to pay for it.

RippyPartsDept
05-15-12, 12:37 PM
can you explain?

fivepix
05-15-12, 12:41 PM

I had the Extended Warranty with my 2007 the Factory Bumper to Bumper warranty ran out last August, I had to replace the rear camera twice and replaced a few of the rear sensors both covered by the extended warranty.

I recently purchased a 2011 and I again got the extended warranty you never know what might break once the Bumper to bumper runs out.

Also just to be clear I don't think the Extended warranty will cover everything the factory Bumper to Bumper does, but I could be wrong?

RippyPartsDept
05-15-12, 12:42 PM
there are a couple things not covered by the CPO that the B2B covers ... it is plainly spelled out on the CPO page of the cadillac website

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-16-12, 09:08 AM
Here's a link to the warranty section of the Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned site that Rippy mentioned: http://www.cadillac.com/certified-pre-owned-vehicles/warranty.html

If you all have any further warranty questions, feel free to PM me anytime!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service