: 2010 Platinum Front License Plate Holder -- How does it mount?

spfulfill
05-14-12, 02:24 PM
After months of shopping, I finally settled on a 2010 Platinum (Black Raven) that should be here tomorrow. I live in Michigan and do not need a front license plate, but the vehicle I'm purchasing has a front license plate holder on it. I've looked all over the internet, and cannot figure out how this is mounted. Does anyone know about the Platinum which appears to have a different mount than the others? I have a feeling I'm going to have some holes in my bumber if I remove it, and am curious if it is just as ease as taking out the screws.

surburban99
05-14-12, 04:11 PM
If it is going to leave holes in the bumper, I would leave it on. Maybe put some type of plate on the front, like a Cadillac emblem, etc?

murphy
05-14-12, 04:20 PM
Had mine removed, filled and painted.
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v43/p616104637-6.jpg

spfulfill
05-14-12, 04:29 PM
Shoot! I was hoping there wouldn't be holes. That's going to drive me nuts... Is it screws that need to be removed or are there rivets?

murphy
05-14-12, 04:33 PM
On mine there are two screw mounting points on the lower grill that are still there but cannot be readily seen and there were holes in the bumper cover..not a big deal except for $500 to r/r and paint cover..

hcvone
05-14-12, 04:50 PM
On mine there are two screw mounting points on the lower grill that are still there but cannot be readily seen and there were holes in the bumper cover..not a big deal except for $500 to r/r and paint cover.. :(

The front plate comes with screws and rivets, some use the screws, some use the rivets and some use both, dealerships seems to do it differently dealership to dealership. I have had dealerships remove the front plate and "repair" the damage as part of the deal to buy the car

spfulfill
05-14-12, 05:54 PM
Hmm... I like the idea of making it disappear but i'm not sure i'm ready to fork up $500. Are there "plugs" that could be placex in the holes? I think i can live with the idea of the holes being there with plugs, at least better than something that looks like i am trying to cover them up. Hopefully black will help make them less obvious?

spfulfill
05-14-12, 08:45 PM
I'm going to try my luck with bumperplugs.com. I see that was recommended on some other vehicles on this forum.

ZR1-638HP
05-15-12, 06:10 AM
In Ontario we have to have front plate, sucks. For the Holes, Instead of using
hole plugs, get a Lock Pick and add a front Camera(s) in the holes.

murphy
05-15-12, 09:43 AM
Put in parking assists :)