: DVD help?

DRBLING
05-14-12, 11:43 AM
My DVD's will play on the NAV screen if I'm parked, but I can't get them to play on the flip down screens while driving. The booklet says to use the remote, but my truck is missing the remote, do I really need the remote to make the DVD's play on the flip down screens?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-14-12, 01:10 PM
What year Escalade are you driving, DRBLING? We'd be happy to look further into this.

Best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

DRBLING
05-14-12, 03:01 PM
What year Escalade are you driving, DRBLING? We'd be happy to look further into this.

Best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)

Hi Sarah. 2008. Strange, as we read the manual, but the instructions only refer to using the remote. We tried everything else doing it with the manual buttons, but no luck. I asked my dealer (Gold Coast, Monmouth County, N.J.) about a year ago where I bought the car used about the remote. They told me I could probably buy one on line. So, I gave up talking to them.

I'm leaving for a N.C. trip from Jersey this friday and I have a wife and 2 dogs that love to watch DVD's. Ha. Thanks for your help.

torr714
05-14-12, 03:22 PM
Just to cover all bases the aux button on front screen make sure it's on DVD and not aux input

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-14-12, 04:20 PM
DRBLING,
As you stated in your post, the NAV screen will only play DVD when in park. It seems as though, given the information in the navigation manual for your model year, you should be able to control the DVD by the buttons on the navigation system, the Rear Seat Audio (RSA) system, and the remote control.

Does your rear seat entertainment system work at all? If not, perhaps check the fuse (see p. 5-108 and 5-109 in your owner's manual - lists the Rear Seat Entertainment fuse and presents a diagram).

I'm sorry that you were discouraged by your dealership's response to your initial inquiry into the remote - had you ever had this looked into? If we can work with you and them towards hopefully getting this resolved, we'd be happy to do so.

Looking forward to hearing back,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)