: Wheel Locks for 22" Wheels

ctsvken
05-14-12, 10:41 AM
Who makes the best wheel locking lug nuts for the 22" wheels? They need to be long and deep enough to seat the locking lug on the tapered seat, but short enough to enable the hub cap to be snapped on. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Ken

PeteKT
05-14-12, 11:07 AM
are they OEM wheels? if so just get the ones from Cadillac.

hcvone
05-14-12, 11:12 AM
Who makes the best wheel locking lug nuts for the 22" wheels? They need to be long and deep enough to seat the locking lug on the tapered seat, but short enough to enable the hub cap to be snapped on. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Ken

Dorman (who I think makes GM) Gorilla will also fit, here is a link to GM locks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2012-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-Wheel-Lock-Kit-12498075-GENUINE-GM-NEW-/230790157771?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ACadillac&vxp=mtr&hash=item35bc2a55cb

BQuicksilver
05-14-12, 12:10 PM
Frankly I wouldn't use wheel locks. they're more likely to keep you out of getting your wheels off than they would keep a wheel thief out.

PeteKT
05-14-12, 03:12 PM
Frankly I wouldn't use wheel locks. they're more likely to keep you out of getting your wheels off than they would keep a wheel thief out.

Thats gotta be the dumbest thing i have ever read, ya if your dumb and lose the key

BQuicksilver
05-14-12, 11:35 PM
Pete, it happens all the time. Your wife/kids toss it aside because that "dirty tool" in the glovebox bothers them, it falls out, or in my case I was tracking my vette the day before and didn't load it all back up for street duty before hitting the tire shop. Of course the tire shop said it was no issue since anyone can remove them.

Either way, it's also pretty naive to believe that they really stop a wheel thief. They don't, so why bother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEpG7p0arQw

hcvone
05-15-12, 06:25 AM
We are cutting off wheel locks for lost key issues a few times a month at our shop, so many times we ask the owner "where is the wheel lock key" ? They look at you like you are from Mars, so then we spend time playing hide and seek with the wheel lock key, happens more than you would EVER THINK

ctsvken
05-15-12, 11:14 AM
I found some McGards that should work. I am putting a tag on the key that states: DO NOT THROW AWAY, so my wife does not throw it away when it is in the glove box.

Thanks,

Ken

hcvone
05-15-12, 11:58 AM
I found some McGards that should work. I am putting a tag on the key that states: DO NOT THROW AWAY, so my wife does not throw it away when it is in the glove box.

Thanks,

Ken

I hope it works better for you than me. ;)

evois
05-19-12, 08:46 AM
Most of the time the owner doesn't know where to put the wheels locks. I hear more horror stories of having their wheels jacked than stories of lost wheel locks. In fact I purchased two wheel locks for each wheel and know where to hide it in the vehicle!

BlownEscalade
05-19-12, 12:57 PM
To get them off all you need is an easy out socket. It's the one for stripped bolts that won't come off. It works same way on the lock nuts. Used it a few times.