: Before and After Pics of my First Mods

sarasota_krash
05-13-12, 08:30 PM
Hey everyone...

One of my first posts...

While I'm getting the necessary miles on the car before engine mods... I took on a project I wanted to do even way before I had the car. So I wrapped in 3M 1080 Matte Black with a yellow pinstripe to match the yellow calipers. I know some are not into this kind of look but I'm a pilot and it would be a dream of mine to ever get into an F-22... so the stealth look for now is as close as I'm going to get. Let me know what you guys think...

Really enjoying my first 600 miles or so on the car, not enjoying so much that I've hard to fuel her 4 times already... haha

I think springs from D3 to get her lower by an inch is my next mod...

Before Picture

After Picture

agp
05-13-12, 09:57 PM
The yellow stripe will take some getting used to, but matte black is the way to go. Bravo!
Also I can't tell in the after pics, but make sure to powdercoat your wheels so they are matte as well.

sarasota_krash
05-13-12, 11:26 PM
I know what you mean with the yellow stripe. I definitely like the strip on the wheels but we'll see if I keep the hood. As for the wheels, I'm leaving those stock for now because I want the ability to go back to stock on the car in the future... I'm still considering an aftermarket wheel, so might do flat black on those. Thanks for your input!!!

qictrk
05-14-12, 03:51 AM
I like the yellow on the wheels as you can see on mine. Not crazy about the hood yellow. Did you use tape one the wheels and how did you get it perfectly round, or did you?
Take the wheels off? Cecil..................

sarasota_krash
05-14-12, 11:27 AM
I like the yellow on the wheels as you can see on mine. Not crazy about the hood yellow. Did you use tape one the wheels and how did you get it perfectly round, or did you?
Take the wheels off? Cecil..................

Hey Cecil,

Our wheels really only have so much room for a stripe on the wheels, so I free-handed the pin stripe as best as I could. I left the wheels on, but it would have been easier to take them off if I did it again. I used 1/4 inch strip. As for the hood... like I said, I'm on the fence about it, but I appreciate your feedback. Thanks!!!

Darnell
05-14-12, 11:12 PM
I really like that.

ABest62
05-16-12, 06:09 PM
Ive been thinking about doing that same wrap for a while now.. Looks great. Like you mentioned,, you can always go back when/if you get bored with it. As for the Yellow,, looks OK on the hood but I think it makes the 19s look even smaller,, and they are too small as it is IMO.. Plus its kinda ricey.. Go 21s in Matte black and you'll be good to go.. 20s if yerr skerd ;)
Overall,, very nice start,, and welcome..

sarasota_krash
05-16-12, 11:04 PM
Thanks... I know what you mean about the wheels, but i think it will look better an inch lower. Need to save money towards parts that will make me go faster... I hear people talking about how fast this car is and for a stock car it's great but I'm ready for something a little faster:devil:

ABest62
05-17-12, 01:01 PM
Thanks... I know what you mean about the wheels, but i think it will look better an inch lower. Need to save money towards parts that will make me go faster... I hear people talking about how fast this car is and for a stock car it's great but I'm ready for something a little faster:devil:

It never ends! Im at 570 whp and Im bored with it already.. Time for more.. These cars dont feel seat-of-the-pants quick anyway.. Ive been in turbo cars with 150 less whp that "feel" way quicker.. But these cars are deceivingly quick,, before you know it youre pushing past 150mph without breaking a sweat.. Have fun with it,, my suggestion is go slow with the mods,, enjoy each small boost in power,, dont just jump right to 600 whp ;)

CTS-Vz
05-17-12, 01:07 PM
110% agree with ABest!! I'm at 540 to the wheels and my modded WRX STI with 360 felt a helluva lot quicker. Slow addition in mods is smart too for noticing how/how much they change the car with each jump in HP. Cheers!