: Best headers for 2010 escalade ext??

lsweetap
05-13-12, 12:25 PM
Hey just wondering if someone can let me know what they would recommend for headers? A couple names have come up like dynomax and Gibson?

superchargedss
05-13-12, 12:30 PM
Kooks, Dynatech, Stainless Works...

hcvone
05-13-12, 03:07 PM
Kooks or American Racing Headers, they are the two best I have seen, have used both.

lsweetap
05-14-12, 04:49 PM
Have you used long tube or shortys?

hcvone
05-14-12, 05:52 PM
Only long tube, shorties are a waste, the stock manifolds flow almost as good as shorties. :)

lsweetap
05-14-12, 06:30 PM
So say I purchased a pair of long tube headers would I need anything else? I was reading the long tubes are illegal because of emission regulation which I'm not to worried about but would any of the sensors go off in my vehicle because the emissions aren't regulated? or would there be any complications I should know about before I go ahead and purchase them?

hcvone
05-14-12, 07:01 PM
So say I purchased a pair of long tube headers would I need anything else? I was reading the long tubes are illegal because of emission regulation which I'm not to worried about but would any of the sensors go off in my vehicle because the emissions aren't regulated? or would there be any complications I should know about before I go ahead and purchase them?

Cali maybe an issue, but we have pretty strick emmisions in PA and my cars and trucks pass without any problem, I have headers and aftermarket exhaust and tuning on all my cars and trucks, if done correctly you will have no problems

lsweetap
05-14-12, 07:39 PM
Cali maybe an issue, but we have pretty strick emmisions in PA and my cars and trucks pass without any problem, I have headers and aftermarket exhaust and tuning on all my cars and trucks, if done correctly you will have no problems

Thanks Appreciate the info! I'm from Canada so I can't see out emission policy being any stricter then yours.