Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Fed Ex SUCKS!!! But Peter and Alradco radiators are awesome!!! Read on...

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tackelbarry 
#1 ·
I ordered my new Alradco all aluminum fully welded radiator after my newly installed Performance radiator started leaking after only 30 days. Peter was excellent to deal with and shipped the radiator the day that he said he would. Also, it arrived the day he said it would.
Unfortunately, it appears that Fed Ex thought it was a basketball in a box, as they had thrown it around enough to make the upper hose snout as well as one of the solid aluminum mounting points break through the box. And, it had been WELL packed with formed styrofoam. I called Fed Ex to report the damage, before opening the box and was pleasantly surprised to find that the third world person working for them could speak some broken English. My lucky day...except she had an attitude and informed me, I think ?, that the shipper would have to file any claims. Have I mentioned Fed Ex SUCKS?
On a much brighter note, Peter at Alradco is GREAT! I called him, not expecting to get a call back because it is Saturday and Alradco is closed. Not. Peter returned my call within about 30 minutes. I described the box and the upper hose snout and asked if Fed Ex might have cracked a weld. Peter told me that the radiator was over engineered and it should be fine. He also said if there was a problem he would fight Fed Ex with me to make it right.
Well, the radiator is installed and appears to be fine. I saw an immediate drop in the temps and the car runs cooler all of the time. It is a tight fit, but I took the upper tabs off of the condenser and that gave me an extra 1/2-3/4" to work with.
Bottom line....don't waste your money on anything other than an Alradco radiator. Both the product and customer service are the BEST in the industry. Thanks, Peter.

See less See more
#3 ·
Something about FedEx in North Carolina! I had a delivery man claim to deliver a package I was waiting for at 9:00 PM. I got an alert on my phone it had been delivered even though no doorbell had been rung, etc. Went outside, no package. Called FedEx. They made the driver turn around and actually deliver it! He got an attitude and threatened to assault me. UPS is great in my area, but FedEx is horrible!

#5 ·
I'm glad it worked out Scott and you have your V back on the road. Even though the radiators are packed in spray foam we learned to ship fully insured. The radiator would have been taken care of no matter what but the added down time is a hassle. Thank you for the good words. I'm glad you're happy. I'll send you the RMI-25 this week.

Peter

#8 ·
It is a tighter fit, but there are no clearance issues on a stock CTS-V. I don't know if the maggie takes up more room up front or not. For me, the easiest way to install the Alradco radiator was to remove the two tabs from the top of the condenser that attach the condenser to the radiator. This gave me an extra 3/4" and made the install very easy. After I dropped the radiator and fan units in, I reinstalled the condenser tabs. Again, it was very easy.
Personally, I would not even consider a stock radiator if I was going to push more horsepower. Alradco is definately the way to go. And, no I am not receiving anything for my review and endorsement. Peter earned it by producing an extremely high quality product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.