: Where to Buy Emblems?

BQuicksilver
05-12-12, 12:23 PM
Like most of us, our front/rear emblems have faded (mostly the reds) from UV exposure.

The best deals I can find on eBay for these emblems are $70 front/$90 rear. This seems a bit steep, particularly when I only am looking to replace the crest, not the wreath.

I have read these can be found for $50/$50, but I can't find where. Thanks in advance!

Ludacrisvp
05-12-12, 01:01 PM
Any time I've needed to buy any I've used the GM parts direct website and found the needed badge via the parts catalog.

RippyPartsDept
05-12-12, 02:53 PM
Like most of us, our front/rear emblems have faded (mostly the reds) from UV exposure.

The best deals I can find on eBay for these emblems are $70 front/$90 rear. This seems a bit steep, particularly when I only am looking to replace the crest, not the wreath.

I have read these can be found for $50/$50, but I can't find where. Thanks in advance!

:wave:

----------

the front is tricky on the '07s

need to know if you have the wreath/crest directly into the grille or the medallion style

the rears are all the same

... pricing around $42 for the front and $71 for the rear... plus shipping of course

robs07esv
05-12-12, 07:56 PM
My first set I bought at the dealer as they were the same price as any place else I could find them. Within a year they delaminated again and the dealer replaced them under warranty and covered the labor. Mine is still under Luxury CPO so they are covered. The set that came on the car were gold!! At least if you buy from the dealer you get a parts warranty incase it happens again!!

sasakura
05-12-12, 11:18 PM
My first set I bought at the dealer as they were the same price as any place else I could find them. Within a year they delaminated again and the dealer replaced them under warranty and covered the labor. Mine is still under Luxury CPO so they are covered. The set that came on the car were gold!! At least if you buy from the dealer you get a parts warranty incase it happens again!!

How long is the parts warranty good for through GM? Any chance General Motors recognizes that the emblem that represents their highest caliber brand,is of poor quality, and have since found a new supplier or better raw materials?

----------

How long is the parts warranty through GM? Any chance General Motors recognizes that the emblem that represents their highest caliber product is of poor quality and have since found a new supplier or better raw materials?

BQuicksilver
05-13-12, 12:18 AM
It's been posted here that OEM parts carry a 1yr warranty.

Chris, I'll check tomorrow and let you know. Are those prices for just the badge? Also is it easier to replace only the badge or the entire unit? Shoot me a quote with shipping to 46220. Thanks!

BQuicksilver
05-14-12, 12:11 AM
Chris, i have the medallion style up front. Shoot me a price quote.

RippyPartsDept
05-14-12, 12:05 PM
BQuick,

$128 total (including shipping)

BQuicksilver
05-14-12, 01:13 PM
Chris, what all am i getting for that $128? Just crests, or both crest and wreath, or both and the front medallion plate as well (i believe it is a separate part #).

RippyPartsDept
05-14-12, 01:55 PM
oh, sorry... the front medallion is a crest and wreath already mounted to the medallion and you just peel and stick it to the grille

the rear is also a medallion style but a different style medallion

as far as I know you cannot get just the crest (even with the other style without the medallion the wreath and crest are sold together even though they are separate from each other)

BQuicksilver
05-14-12, 02:58 PM
I did call my local dealer earlier today and I'm not sure if they made me more/less confused re: the front, but I figure hashing out here may help someone down the road.

They quoted me:

$40.95 for 20824266 (the crest/wreath)
$42.40 for 20824267 (the medallion)

According to their parts guy the front is two separate part #'s. I linked an eBay auction below that seems to show what I assume they're quoting me.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-07-11-Escalade-Grille-Emblem-E-G-Mounting-Kit-/180775473192?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a170ed028&vxp=mtr

What part # are you quoting that has the front as being all one piece? This eBay auction seems to be what you're quoting, but he gives no part #'s.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-07-08-09-10-11-ESCALADE-Grille-Emblem-W-BLACK-/190499026337?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5aa075a1&vxp=mtr

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what the different here is (if any). Is one significantly more difficult to install/why? Of course it's cheaper if I can avoid buying the medallion.

For the rear they quoted $71.70 for 20823396. I assume that's what you're selling as well so no issue there.

RippyPartsDept
05-14-12, 04:55 PM
they are a bit confused or something

those two part numbers are for different style emblems

the crest/wreath is installed directly onto the grille and the medallion style is just like the rear where the crest and wreath are already made onto the medallion backing plate

you cannot use either one - you will have to replace with the same kind as you have

----------

those ebay auctions might be a bit confusing also ... one is for the accessory E&G grilles and the other is the medallion style

the E&G style emblem looks like it comes with the wreath/crest style emblem but that is not how the front medallion style comes ... it will come like the other ebay auction looks already mounted on the backing plate

that backing plate for the E&G emblem is totally different than the OEM medallion backing plate since it mounts onto an accessory grille and not onto the OEM grille

----------

and it's good to hear that they're giving you a decent discount at your local dealer at least

BQuicksilver
05-15-12, 12:18 AM
Thanks Chris, that does offer some clarification. No idea what E&G is, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's not on ours.

My dealer is pretty quick to give "shop rates" to about everyone. Can you get me a shipped price for the rear only, or if you're with them on both I'd be happy to go through you as your help was great.

RippyPartsDept
05-15-12, 10:00 AM
yeah the prices i quoted earlier stand

42 for the front and 71 for the rear

Mcfarljb2003
06-07-12, 11:35 PM
I recently purchased the 22" platinum rims in a high gloss black finish. The wheels came with plain black center caps, does any one know where I can find some emblems to put on the caps that would stay on and look good?