: Torque Converters

DarkMingBlueSTS
05-10-12, 10:22 PM
Can anybody tell me where to find torque converters for a 2005 STS 6 cyl

orange57
05-11-12, 01:36 AM
Have you looked at gmpartsdirect, or at your local dealer? Are you sure you need a torque converter? Do you know the actual GM P/N?

dannyquest
05-11-12, 07:18 AM
Try Dacco transmission supply. What make you think it's the torque converter. Danny

DarkMingBlueSTS
05-11-12, 04:26 PM
Orange and Danny....I've tried gm parts direct no luck...I'm trying to avoid the dealer if possible...I do not have the gm part #...I'm assuming it's the torque converter because of discussions on here explain my problem perfectly, also I have no lights on telling me it's electrical so that tells me it's more of a mechanical problem...lol but here's the kicker this is my first Cadillac so who knows what the problem could be :) thanks for you time guys

----------

No luck at dacco either :(

dannyquest
05-11-12, 08:23 PM
DARKMINGBLUESTS. My 06 STS torque converter was replaced 4 weeka ago due to a chuggle. The Cadillac dealer done the work, It was out of warrenty but they covered half the cost. In the mean time I was looking for a torque converter. For I was planning on doing the work my self. located one at Dacco, 18008431430. Hope this help. Danny

DarkMingBlueSTS
05-11-12, 08:59 PM
Interesting...they covered half? Howd you manage that? Mine is way out of warranty...thanks for the dacco info I'll call them Monday

dannyquest
05-11-12, 09:24 PM
DARKMINGBLUESTS, Since my STS had a long history of problem that was covered under warrenty I told them they missed the torque converter. After a long talk with customer service they agreed to cover half. Cadillac was slow about it but it paid off. Danny

EChas3
05-11-12, 09:38 PM
Negotiation is a skill that can be learned.

DarkMingBlueSTS
05-11-12, 09:56 PM
Danny was it that 40-50mph at low rpm that felt like hesitation with yours?....that's very true chas3

dannyquest
05-13-12, 10:30 AM
DARKMINGBLUESTS, Around 38- 40 mph light throttle slight up grade transmission shifted into 5th and then the torque converter tried to lock up. It would start to vibirate the car a little. If I was heavy on the gas it would be ok. Now with the new torque converter & soft ware up date it shift good. The torque converter now lock up much later 45-55 mph, the rpm will drop when that happens. Danny

SC2150
05-13-12, 04:41 PM
Give me the part# and I'll try to cross referance it. We have a bunch of like new OEM units out of 09 and newer.....If you can verify that will work give you a great price.

DarkMingBlueSTS
05-13-12, 06:21 PM
Hmm that sounds similar to my problem but I live in fl lol not many hills here :)....sc I don't know the part#