: Installing an HHO system in one of my 2011 Escalades - Would this void the warranty?

ACE Transporter
05-10-12, 01:44 PM
Hey guys,

I am considering (yeah, I am one of those people believing this thing works...) installing an HHO system in one of my 2011 Escalades ESV. The question is, would this void the manufacturer warranty.
I sent GM 2-3 emails but got no answer so far.

hcvone
05-10-12, 09:51 PM
Hey guys,

I am considering (yeah, I am one of those people believing this thing works...) installing an HHO system in one of my 2011 Escalades ESV. The question is, would this void the manufacturer warranty.
I sent GM 2-3 emails but got no answer so far.

Yes if GM sees it your warranty will be void, HHO systems do not work well with MAF systems like GM uses, it works with trying to "trick" the computer, it works with limited success, but nothing like claimed in terms of mileage gains like "double the mileage" , you would be better off in aftermarket tuning like we did to keep the truck in the 4 cylinder mode longer and cut some fuel, you can see over 25 mpg on the highway doing this which is really good for these trucks. Keep us updated

Nice Ride
05-10-12, 10:28 PM
What is HHO?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-11-12, 10:32 AM
Hi ACE Transporter,

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your emails being unanswered! I'm not sure who you attempted to contact, but my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, so please feel free to email me directly if you ever have future questions.

Technically, any modification may affect warranty coverage on a vehicle repair, and I urge you to consult the warranty manual you should have been given for additional details. Page 17 of the manual gives more insight into engine modifications and states, "Damage, failure, or reduced life of the engine, transmission, emission system, drivetrain or other vehicle components caused by aftermarket engine performance enhancement products or modifications may not be covered under your vehicle warranty."

Hope this helps,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

kazza93203
05-11-12, 03:36 PM
Yea if you sit in your vehicle the wrong way you void your warranty. I dnt understand some of the decisions when it comes down to warranty claims. Some qualify some don't? It's all in the actual persons mood who says yes or no, which is bull. Also the customer service thing going on here too doesn't help very much either. Might as well write a letter to yourself so that you can get the same question back to yourself over and over.

BQuicksilver
05-11-12, 09:18 PM
If your modification potentially effects the point of failure, don't expect it to warrantied. There is some grey area there (hence the confusion), and of course in those grey areas the dealerships may not always come to the same conclusion.

I wouldn't do it. If you lean out the car to save fuel you risk detonation, and therefore don't expect your engine to be warrantied for failure.