: Grill emblem

Jeremyt
05-10-12, 07:34 AM
Hey just curious if anyone has removed their grill emblem. I bought a new one and need to get the old one off and the new one on. Has anyone done this? It looks like its just held on by some kind of double sided body tape or something but i dont want to go prying and tear something up.

thanks,

Andringa
05-10-12, 10:56 AM
That sounds right. Searching from my phone sucks, but I think it's just stuck on there. If memory serves there may be two plastic pins that help line it up.

You should be able to look at the new piece and figure out how it attaches.

howanicm
05-10-12, 04:39 PM
Yes it is just double sided tape. There are also 2 small pins on the emblem that go into 2 small holes on the grill to line it up.

rand49er
05-13-12, 02:40 PM
My OEM emblem took a stone at some point, so I bought a new one from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. IIRC, after trying to figure out how to remove the old one, it became obvious and ended up being rather simple. Seems to me, I did it at the double-sided tape and used the double-sided tape of the new one to secure it (i.e. I left the base attached to the mesh grill).

Scott2012
07-22-12, 12:53 AM
Hey just curious if anyone has removed their grill emblem. I bought a new one and need to get the old one off and the new one on. Has anyone done this? It looks like its just held on by some kind of double sided body tape or something but i dont want to go prying and tear something up.

thanks,

Mine is a little faded. Since its just stuck on, I'd like to replace mine. Where did you get yours?
Thanks

FoD
07-22-12, 02:03 PM
^ Luke at Lindsay Cadillac can get you anything you need.

danrob0123
07-22-12, 07:17 PM
Or eBay

SevillianSTS
08-03-12, 02:36 PM
Do you have a part number ? and how much $ from Luke ?

Thanks

Pho_phizzat
08-23-12, 07:08 PM
I was thinking of replacing mine too but went with the overlay instead