: Need help/advice with tint and floor mats

TriTexan
05-09-12, 03:27 PM
I live in Houston - it's nuclear hot here in the summer, so a tint job is a must. I have a 2012 Wagon in Thunder Gray, Light interior. Anyone have recommendations on a tint that will look good with this color combination? Also, do you guys tint those little windows that are part of the rear doors on the wagon? What about the rest of the rear windows? I'd like to tint everything (except the windshield) so it looks consistent and deflects max heat, but I'm not wanting to go super dark or anything. I'm more about heat control than light reduction.

I would also like a nice set of V floor mats with the logo that are compatible with the wagon...I've seen a few ads for various makes, but they say "Coupe Only" or "Sedan Only". Do the front and rears for a sedan also work in the wagon? I would think so. I have the light titanium inside too - so does anyone have any color recommendations? I like the charcoal just fine, but a lighter color that complements the rest of the interior colors would be cool, too. I'm just not good with colors and designs.

Vwagon2012
05-09-12, 08:33 PM
Take a look a my pics. 25% on front 35% on rear trunk. I live in FL. I 'm going to change front to 35% because it's darker and I think it would look better on my Vagon. The sedan and wagon are the same. You can order one for the back of the wagon Lloyds is the premier. Call them to see which color would best match your interior.

cvs
05-11-12, 10:09 PM
Definitely Lloyds for the mats. I have a set of black ones in my wagon and they fit great.

TriTexan
05-11-12, 11:28 PM
Definitely Lloyds for the mats. I have a set of black ones in my wagon and they fit great.

Ordered a set of Lloyds...I have the light interior and went with the black mats in the higher-end berber variety. I considered the dark gray ones for some contrast, but the advisor online said he recommended black. I ordered from AutoAnything and they had a 15% off orders over $150, but the Llyods mats weren't eligible. I got on online chat with David and he was able to get me 10% off on the spot, which made the mats a reasonable cost - got all four up front plus the trunk mat. I'm not sure how I will like the trunk mat as I use the lift-up floor as a divider quite a lot, but I figured I would have the trunk mat if I wanted it.

Everyone raves about the Lloyds so I figured that even though they were a premium price, they would be commensurate with the car...

Thanks all for the advice - will post an update and pics when they arrive.

TriTexan
06-12-12, 03:55 PM
Well, I've had my Lloyds mats for a couple of weeks now. They look great and are built extremely well. But I am a little disappointed with the wear - after just two weeks the driver's side mat is showing fuzzing of the fiber loops where your heel rests. It's not awful and maybe if I trim it the fibers won't keep pulling up, but it doesn't give me a good feeling that these are the high quality, durable mats I was hoping for.

cgunna
07-05-12, 12:05 AM
Well, I've had my Lloyds mats for a couple of weeks now. They look great and are built extremely well. But I am a little disappointed with the wear - after just two weeks the driver's side mat is showing fuzzing of the fiber loops where your heel rests. It's not awful and maybe if I trim it the fibers won't keep pulling up, but it doesn't give me a good feeling that these are the high quality, durable mats I was hoping for.

Any pics you can share? I'm considering getting a set...I'd be interested in seeing how they might wear. Thanks!

TriTexan
07-05-12, 03:08 AM
Any pics you can share? I'm considering getting a set...I'd be interested in seeing how they might wear. Thanks!

Sure - although I think I may have trimmed some of the fuzz. I think capturing this will be a little tricky, but I'll give it a shot sometime hopefully tomorrow. It's not bad and it wouldn't deter me from buying these again - just not quite up to my expectations. But everything else about these mats is pretty spectacular - they are extremely well built and I would highly recommend them, despite my experience. Anyway - let me see if I can get a good picture or video of what I am seeing to share with everyone.

larry arizona
07-05-12, 10:42 AM
any accel pedal interference with the lloyds?

litig8r187
07-06-12, 06:31 PM
I'm near College Station and feel your pain as to heat. I have a Black Raven with 5% on rear and back windows and sunroof (legal in Texas) and 25% on the front driver and passenger windows (maximum legal). I bought the car used and it had 70% on the windshield on top of the factory 70% for a combined 50%. It is almost impossible to notice with the 5% on the on the other windows. It is illegal but I have never had any problems with inspections or police. I even had a Trooper friend look at it and he couldn't tell the windshield was tinted until I showed him.

simgolfer
07-07-12, 11:22 PM
No issues with the Lloyds mats at all. No pedal interference and they stay in place no matter how much I shift. I live in sunny Sacramento and I put 15% on the rears and 50% up front and along with the AC and seat coolers, I have no issues.

tinman
07-17-12, 12:19 PM
Your Lloyds rear mat fit okay? Mine didn't so I cut off the "V" portion at the rear of the car and made the entire mat a rectangle. The mat was too long and made my latch engagement mechanism struggle and strain. I called the manufacturer and they refunded 85% of my cost, so I was good with that. I cleaned the cut edge and colored it with a black magic marker. That cut edge goes up against the rear seat back, so it is unseen.

cruiser68
07-19-12, 11:35 AM
I LOVE my Lloyds. They fit great and no wear issues after 6 months. I switch to the Weathertech for winter :)

extrabolts
07-25-12, 10:00 AM
I got some Lloyds but returned them because they extended up under the accelerator pedal in contrast to the stock ones that do not. If you search the archives some have had sticking issues with the pedal.

As to tint - if you are all about heat reduction, tinting the windshield is a must. I put 80% film on mine, which you cannot even notice, and also tinted my sunroof with 50%. Your windshield is one of the largest places that sun comes in especially throughout the middle of the day when the sun is directly overhead and hottest. Many high end factory mercedes, BMW, etc now come with an 80 or 90% film built into the windshield although many do not know about it / realize it.