: What WAX / Sealer do you prefer ?

SevillianSTS
05-08-12, 10:36 PM
Curious to what you guys use to detail your cars.

I've always used Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 (which I understand is not really a "wax" but more of a "sealer", and I have read that sealers last longer than wax)

I usually once a year use meguiars #1 Cleaner, then #2 Polish, and finish with the Tech Wax

Sometimes I just use the Tech wax and not the other two if I don't have a whole day to kill.

anyways....

What are your experiences ? I've heard some use Zaino; which I've never tried

I was suprised when I did a search on "wax" and no threads came up.

darkman
05-08-12, 11:03 PM
I put on a coat of Meguiar's Ultimate paste wax about 3 months ago and I am very pleased with its ease of application, shine and durability (so far). I decided to try this stuff based on the recommendation of a former Zaino fan that had switched because, according to them, Zaino has changed their formula making it harder to remove.

trhs75
05-08-12, 11:33 PM
Griot's paint sealant was recommended to me as opposed to wax. I've been very pleased with it. A place where I live also sells similar things which can be bought online. The place is called Prevette's -- I think it's prevettes.com. I really like their detailing items, also.

D3l7a3ch0
05-09-12, 12:03 AM
i'm curious about zaino

mstrjon32
05-09-12, 03:03 AM
I like to use a coat of 3M Cleaner Wax and then a coat of 3M Performance Finish. I've always been really impressed with 3M products. I haven't done the car in a while but I did just put a fresh coat on the wheels, which look pretty good:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69330674/IMG_7660.jpg

PISNUOFF
05-09-12, 06:31 AM
Zaino

rand49er
05-09-12, 08:01 AM
I had never heard of Zaino when I bought my V, so I started my first thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-detailing-appearance-modificationinterior-exterior-including/30049-favorite-exterior-care.html

(http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-detailing-appearance-modificationinterior-exterior-including/30049-favorite-exterior-care.html)

Junior1
05-09-12, 10:15 AM
Griot's stuff here...

FuzzyLogic
05-09-12, 01:00 PM
Meguiar's Ultimate paste wax. The Tech 2.0 wax's durability is terrible, but it's easy to apply.

V for victory
05-09-12, 01:23 PM
Wizards "Shine Masters" sealer is awesome! and only if I run out of that, I use Ardex Nano-sealer, which is also a great product to seal those light scratches and swirls in the paint. that's all I use, no waxes at all and then to finish my car off or between washings to remove light dust or pollen I use Satin Gloss, "E-Z Shine", I love this so much I buy it by the case (gallons) and have since turned all my friends into ez shine addicts as well. the stuff is amazing on paint, chrome and glass the towel slides right off the car after wiping down with this product( it's also safe for paint shops since it has no silicone.

thefulmonty_07
05-09-12, 07:12 PM
This is after the first time I used Zainos sorry it's just of the rear end, I couldn't find my other pics.

pato
05-09-12, 07:22 PM
I used to like Meguiars NXT. I switched to Pinnacle wax and like it 10 times better.

alradco
05-09-12, 07:56 PM
I've always been very happy with Zaino results and ease of use.

Peter

thebigjimsho
05-10-12, 10:08 AM
Griots' Best of Show wax...

lollygagger8
05-10-12, 10:35 AM
Zaino!!!

Aurora40
05-10-12, 04:02 PM
On the really shiny/metallicy finish of "InfraRed", I like Klasse Sealant Glaze. It really pops. But it also is the longest lasting product I've ever used (to include Zaino). The stuff is weird, you can pour it on like some saran wrap and let it dry, you can pick off the dried solid piece. Most products just dry to like a dust if you do that. They say it is "acrylic" and it really seems to be.

bodam
05-10-12, 04:11 PM
Zaino here too

JDB
05-10-12, 04:30 PM
Oh you silver guys... anything works ;) I miss those days of a silver car. Now, on to black... I use Menzerna products to correct the paint as well as their Full Metal Jacket (now Power Lock) to seal.

This is like asking which oil is best...as long as you're one or the best, they're all about the same and much better than cheap stuff.

2007ThunderV
05-10-12, 05:43 PM
Oh you silver guys... anything works ;) I miss those days of a silver car. Now, on to black... I use Menzerna products to correct the paint as well as their Full Metal Jacket (now Power Lock) to seal.

This is like asking which oil is best...as long as you're one or the best, they're all about the same and much better than cheap stuff.
i use all the menzerna products as well, in my opinion they are the best, accept there power compound, i hate it.
the power lock sealant really locks in the depth that the mico polish gives you.

bneal1022
05-10-12, 08:49 PM
Klasse all I one. Once a year. And get 5 years out of 1 bottle. Go to Autogeek. Great stuff. Easy off and can be used in sun and hot surface although I don't.

JDB
05-10-12, 09:23 PM
i use all the menzerna products as well, in my opinion they are the best, accept there power compound, i hate it.
the power lock sealant really locks in the depth that the mico polish gives you.
Power Gloss? Uh oh, why? I just bought it to get some swirls out the PO left.

I know I should just spend more time with the Intensive Polish with my PC7424...

2007ThunderV
05-10-12, 09:47 PM
Power Gloss? Uh oh, why? I just bought it to get some swirls out the PO left.

I know I should just spend more time with the Intensive Polish with my PC7424...
you are way better off using a heavier pad with the intensive polish, or even try the super intesive polish. how bad are the swirls?
i guarentee the powergloss compound will completly marr up the finish, and will cost you alot of time bringing the shine back up.

i found the power gloss comound to be very sticky, and very difficult to finish out properly. i use these products every day, all day long, and found no good way to use that compund. my favorite cutting compund is the super cut from 3m.

normally when i am done compounding, you can take a swirl finder to my work and find virtually no swirls or imperfections.

it might be ok on a da, i only use rotary polishers. i use my da for appling sealers because i am lazy.

my steps for using mezerna products for the ultimate shine are ( depending on paint condition)
1. compund/ wetsand as nessary black/orange pad
2. intensive polish/ super intensive polish with green/ white pad
3. powerfinish with white pad ( generally i could stop and just seal at this point0
4. mirco polish with black pad (gives dark colors the extra pop)
5. super mico polish with black or blue pad ( use for any last imperfections)
6. add 2 coats of sealer.
forgot to mention i wipe the car down with alcohol between every step.

JD03Cobra
05-10-12, 10:34 PM
zaino!!!

this!

lollygagger8
05-11-12, 02:00 PM
Couple of old pics after a Zaino session

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/caddyhood1.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/caddybody2.jpg

lollygagger8
05-14-12, 11:08 AM
Just for shiggles......took a pic sat when I put a coat of Zaino on. Damn this stuff is awesome

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Zaino5-12-12.jpg

rand49er
05-14-12, 02:29 PM
Just for shiggles......took a pic sat when I put a coat of Zaino on. Damn this stuff is awesome

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Zaino5-12-12.jpg I've said it before I'm not a fan of silver. BUT, that platinum V color is spectacular.

lollygagger8
05-15-12, 08:08 AM
There were two thunder grey V's at the Indy meet last weekend. When those are clean those look pretty badass.

I guess it's hard to make the V look $hitty in just about any color really.

mberisha
05-15-12, 08:05 PM
I like to use a coat of 3M Cleaner Wax and then a coat of 3M Performance Finish. I've always been really impressed with 3M products. I haven't done the car in a while but I did just put a fresh coat on the wheels, which look pretty good:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69330674/IMG_7660.jpg

Car looks great! Did you end up painting the front fascia?

....and for the record....ZAINO!!!!