: Cutting stock springs

6 SPEED Z
05-08-12, 09:27 AM
Anyone done it, and anyone have pics/tips in doing it?

soulja
05-09-12, 02:58 PM
I did it, even though I have H&R's now. I would start with half a coil of the front and back. I did 1 coil in the back and half in the front. My back was sitting way to low, so I bought H&R's and the back still sits too low, so I have a set of uncut springs. I am thinking of putting those on with half a coil off. I just don't feel like paying for another front wheel alignment.

JDB
05-10-12, 09:31 PM
Is there a reason why you posted this thread in Appearance versus Performance?

::hint, hint::

Don't do it. Spend the money on springs/Ground Control.

rand49er
05-10-12, 09:43 PM
Eliminating coils from the OEM springs certainly lowers the car, but it also softens the ride which is not what you want. Look in the couch for spare change, steal from you wife, stand at the corner and sell man love, but save your money for a GC kit.

Well, do the first two before resorting to the third method, by all means.

6 SPEED Z
05-11-12, 08:14 AM
Just thought I would throw it out there. I will prob go GC, seems to be the way to go. I don't want to give up too much ride, but know to get the right look something has to give, play the role dress the part deal.

soulja
05-11-12, 02:38 PM
Hmm, when I cut my springs the ride felt fine, I just didn't like how it sat in the rear, but yeah coilovers is def the way to go.

ctsvjeff
05-12-12, 05:49 AM
Cutting a coil spring does not make the ride softer. Lol where you hear that? If anything it gets stiffer.
Just don't use a torch, use a cut off wheel and go for it. Guys been doing it for years