: Gmx550 installed…Bluetooth all static now?

Whosnext
05-07-12, 01:35 PM
Hello, I just picked up a new leftover escalade, drove it home used Bluetooth and everything seemed fine, went home installed the gmx550 and now have all static when using Bluetooth? Did I accidently unplug something while installing? Any info would be great..

ELUSIVE
05-07-12, 03:14 PM
I had exactly the same problem although it was hit or miss when it occurred. Drove me absolutely crazy and eventually took out the GMX550 a few weeks ago.
It's garbage in my opinion.

Whosnext
05-07-12, 03:26 PM
I had exactly the same problem although it was hit or miss when it occurred. Drove me absolutely crazy and eventually took out the GMX550 a few weeks ago.
It's garbage in my opinion.

and the problem went away?

ELUSIVE
05-07-12, 08:48 PM
and the problem went away?

Yes.

I have not heard the static once in the 3 weeks that I've had the GMX550 out of my Escalade.
Here's my original post from when I started experiencing this:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/248790-gmx550-lockpick-onstar-bluetooth-issues.html

quattrotman
05-08-12, 12:19 AM
I had a similar problem. Bluetooth and GMX550 but also ampo and subs. Turned out to be a bad ground for the amp that was causing static (only with bluethooth...weird I know). Anyways, fixed the ground, no more static. Check your grounding. I think the GMX550 gets a bad rap a lot...I don't think it's really as bad as many say it is. I really enjoy mine.

torr714
05-10-12, 10:04 AM
I just put a gmx 550 in my 09 esv everything
Working fine no static on Bluetooth also wired it so the factory overhead tv stream what playing on the 550

Whosnext
05-10-12, 10:29 AM
I just put a gmx 550 in my 09 esv everything
Working fine no static on Bluetooth also wired it so the factory overhead tv stream what playing on the 550
im going to unhook this weekend and make sure bluetooth works then rehook and see what happens, torr714, how did u hook up to over head tv?

torr714
05-10-12, 02:34 PM
The way I did it was I paid like 15 dollars bought a new rear jack assembly from caddy that way I left the other set in the holes so no gap and then just plug a/ vjack to new connector and left behind panel and then ran to gmx550 to aux headrest jacks and then you just switch on screen to rear aux and what's playing on 550 plays on the rear screens

----------

Works get on my esv it has two tv so I screen can play the DVD and the other plays my iPod or vise verse just by switch aux input on screen

Whosnext
05-10-12, 02:43 PM
thats a great idea....do you still have the part # of the of the rear jack assembly?

The way I did it was I paid like 15 dollars bought a new rear jack assembly from caddy that way I left the other set in the holes so no gap and then just plug a/ vjack to new connector and left behind panel and then ran to gmx550 to aux headrest jacks and then you just switch on screen to rear aux and what's playing on 550 plays on the rear screens

----------

Works get on my esv it has two tv so I screen can play the DVD and the other plays my iPod or vise verse just by switch aux input on screen

torr714
05-10-12, 04:28 PM
Part #10375379 its the av jack assembly

Whosnext
05-10-12, 04:57 PM
Part #10375379 its the av jack assembly

Thank u….very helpful….so let me get this straight, there must be av plugs plugged in the back of this assembly? You unplug the 3 plugs, add a slitter and run av’s to old and new assembly and av’s from gmx-550 to new assembly?

torr714
05-11-12, 10:27 AM
No Sorry let me clarify what I did was remove the rear of the center console where the aux jack connector is and bought another connector from Cadillac that way their was no wires exposed and the hole where disconnect the one in the panel and and Gilles up new jack assembly to a 6 foot a/v cable and left it just sitting behind panel and the on you see is just sitting their to fill the holes and the ran the cable up to the 550 and hooked up to headrest output and the you just switch back a forth on the screen between input for each tv

----------

If I get a sec I I'll take pics