: Drivers electric seat issues

pegit100
05-07-12, 07:02 AM
I have a 2008 Escalade whic has developed some intermittent drivers seat problems. Soetimes it will move, other times not. Sometimes it will recall the memory others not. Sometimes you have to be sat on the seat for it to work and other times you have to get out and other times it will not work at all, but sometimes will if you lock/unlock the car. There seems to be no rhyme or reason and as one driver is 6ft4 and the other 5ft this causes quite a few problems. Is this a software or mechanical issue? If any one can help with ideas it would be appreciated before i go to the garage. We live in a hot, dusty and humid climate if that has any bearing. Many thanks,

hcvone
05-07-12, 07:05 AM
Make sure the wires are not crushed and the connection is snapped in good under the seat

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-07-12, 09:15 AM
Hi pegit100,

I'm very sorry to read about your seat frustrations! As hcvone has already demonstrated, forum members here are very helpful and I'm sure others will be chiming in soon with feedback. And if you still have lingering questions after taking it in for service, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com. While I'm not a technician, I'm always happy to explore options on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service