: Power Steering Hoses are a Bitch To Change on a 2006 AWD.

dkozloski
05-07-12, 01:51 AM
There isn't a bolt, screw, or fitting that is easy to access and you have to pull the left front drive axle to get the hoses in or out. To top it off you get to endure a nice shower of power steering fluid.

EChas3
05-07-12, 09:55 PM
Dealer mechanics often earn their money.

dkozloski
05-07-12, 10:24 PM
I'd like to know what the flat-rate time is because the shop manual makes no mention of the conflict with the drive shaft.

Delta
05-08-12, 03:30 PM
Dealer mechanics often earn their money.
no they dont... dealerships are only out to screw people and overcharge.....

i love when people actually get to see what techs have to do instead of just bitching about how much stuff costs.

I'd like to know what the flat-rate time is because the shop manual makes no mention of the conflict with the drive shaft.

1.3hrs.

EChas3
05-08-12, 10:21 PM
If you don't like it, Delta, go elsewhere.

I don't work for GM, a dealer or even in the auto industry. Nor do any of those close to me. I do value the work dealers and their staffs have done for me. Maybe some have done you wrong but chances are you've brought some of it on yourself. You say 'only out to screw people and overcharge'? I know two dealers within 30 minutes of me that aren't. They do expect to make money. Don't you?

Reap what you sow.

malatu
05-08-12, 11:38 PM
I concur. Yes, you'll pay more at the dealership and yes, I think some dealerships are more reputable than others. With that said, I did the "non-dealership dance" for years but now get the 95% of my work done at the dealership. I've had way more good experiences than bad at the dealerships. It still hurts to fork out the dough but the pain goes away quickly!

dkozloski
05-09-12, 10:21 AM
I went to the local dealer to get the o-ring seal for the LH inboardU-joint and they tried to charge me $36 for it. I got one elsewhere for less than a dollar. I suppose they have to pay their $1.5 million dollar consumer fraud fine somehow.