: How much space in the boot ?

S70RMP
05-06-12, 03:02 AM
Hi all

my partner and I are about to book a Escalade via Hertz for a 6 week trip to New England in Sept/Oct - we're getting married in Maine.

We just want to know how much space there is in the boot, they'll be 4 of us to start and then just me and my new wife when her parents return home after the wedding.

Will we be able to get 4 biggish bags in the boot ?

we are going to try to get Hertz to take out the 3rd row but not sure if they will.

Thanks

Paul

hcvone
05-06-12, 07:09 AM
Hi all

my partner and I are about to book a Escalade via Hertz for a 6 week trip to New England in Sept/Oct - we're getting married in Maine.

We just want to know how much space there is in the boot, they'll be 4 of us to start and then just me and my new wife when her parents return home after the wedding.

Will we be able to get 4 biggish bags in the boot ?

we are going to try to get Hertz to take out the 3rd row but not sure if they will.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, we have no "boot" on our trucks, my Jag has a "boot" and a "boot light", just kidding, with the seats out there is more than enough room , even with the seats folded on an ESV you should be fine

Punmax
05-06-12, 07:24 AM
With the seats removed, you should have no problem.

S70RMP
05-06-12, 10:25 AM
but if we cant get the hire firm to remove/store the seats ?

The rental Escalade looks like the standard not a ESV

hcvone
05-06-12, 07:16 PM
but if we cant get the hire firm to remove/store the seats ?

The rental Escalade looks like the standard not a ESV

Then you will need the seats removed if it's a standard

ELUSIVE
05-06-12, 11:22 PM
I think you'll be fine.
I just returned from 4 days in Nashville with my wife and kids and we rented a standard length Tahoe with the 3rd row.
When the 3rd row was folded up, we fit 4 full size suit cases (and 4-5 smaller bags) in the back just fine.

Definitely not as much room as my ESV (and not nearly as nice), but the size was great.