: Removal of headrest?

mr69vett
05-05-12, 09:52 PM
I just picked up a 2009 EXT traded my 2005 moved up! Oh yeah. I love lots of things over the 05 but there is one thing on the on the 09 that I do NOT care for, and that is the head rest! How do you remove them? My wife drives a 07 DTS, I would like to try to remove my headrest out of my EXT and try to fit the DTS headrest in, if it works out I'll search for a set to replace mine with. The DTS head rest pivot so it rests agains your head and neck, and these original ones are just adjustable up and down.

Anyone eles have any opinions on this?

Thanks,

Dave

murphy
05-05-12, 10:15 PM
You need to insert a paperclip into the tiny hole at the 3 o'clock position of the grommet ring of the other ring that doesn't have the release button as well as push the release button and pull up..

mr69vett
05-05-12, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the info, tried it and worked out. Now I'll be on the hunt for some different head rests! Any suggestions? Or just call some local salvage yards?

murphy
05-05-12, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the info, tried it and worked out. Now I'll be on the hunt for some different head rests! Any suggestions? Or just call some local salvage yards?

Can't help you with an alternate ...mine has dvd players in them and they do pivot forward/aft so possibly the a pair from a newer model will fit..

hcvone
05-06-12, 07:13 AM
Read on the Tahoe forum a while back and the person posting could not find anything better, but let the members know what you find

mr69vett
05-06-12, 12:22 PM
I tried the pivoting headrests out of my wifes 07 DTS, they fit, so I was looking for a set of those. Searched ebay, and found a pair fo 50 bucks, the post said out of a 08 escalade, that were removed for viedo monitors, already paid should get them this week. They have a push button for the locking of the pivot. I'll see how they work, and let you know.

Thanks,
Dave

MrHolland
05-06-12, 07:22 PM
I like the color scheme!!

mr69vett
05-06-12, 08:25 PM
Thank you! I saw it online, I liked it, my wife wasn't crazy about it, took off last friday, drove 3 hours to go see it, and came home with it! The blue is oh so Sweet! Suppose I should see if I can find a color code for it! I have info from previous owner. I do get some looks with it! :yup:

Thanks,

Dave